Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you so much!  I'll go ahead and order the mildest product!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thx again, looks like the order went through, once I get going on othem (I ordered one of each just in case I needed the lower one) I will likely order 3-4 tubes at a time to make shipping worth it.  Can't wait to start my journey, now in my 50s, it's time to step up my game  Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

Sounds like you have a good plan. 

Just so you know, ADC reduces shipping costs when you order multiples of an item. The last time I ordered from them I had three of one kind and three of another kind. It was $10 for shipping.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SandGirl 

Just so you know, ADC reduces shipping costs when you order multiples of an item. The last time I ordered from them I had three of one kind and three of another kind. It was $10 for shipping.

@SilleeMee This is great to know, thank you! I will be doing that is the future. Do you mind me asking what else you normally order from them? I sorta peeked around but then just got my order placed, curious if there are any other must have goodies to include on a future order.

I am happy to start on this journey, no more buying expensive "promising" skin care, this will really reduce what I need for skincare, mainly just need a good daytime routine and the rest will be pretty basic and simple, yet effective. 

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SandGirl 

@SilleeMee This is great to know, thank you! I will be doing that is the future. Do you mind me asking what else you normally order from them? I sorta peeked around but then just got my order placed, curious if there are any other must have goodies to include on a future order.

I am happy to start on this journey, no more buying expensive "promising" skin care, this will really reduce what I need for skincare, mainly just need a good daytime routine and the rest will be pretty basic and simple, yet effective. 

@SandGirl 

I order Careprost (generic for Latisse) plus two strengths of tret, a micro-tret gel in .1% and also a regular cream in .05%. I buy enough to last me for a year and that way I save on shipping and I don't have to wait but once a year for my stuff to get here.

Honored Contributor

Microneedling...sounds painful!

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread 

I don't wear sunscreen because I'm not out in the sun.  And I believe this whole sun screen rage has been overblown probably by the likes of TikTok and other social media.  Of course the sunscreen companies are eating it up!  I'd like to see the stats on sunscreen product sales over the last couple of years compared to previous years.  Happens with products from time to time.  Just enough truth to make it legit but not to the extreme level that the frenzy elevates it to.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Microneedling...sounds painful!

I've read about the procedure, and it might be painful to some. The dermatologist or surgeon applies anesthetic to the area beforehand. There is a possibility of bruising afterwards, and although not common might also be some bleeding. It usually takes up to 4 procedures before any noticeable change. 
Since it involves needles puncturing the skin, I would say it has to be painful, or very uncomfortable. Then there's still the risk of infection. I would not consider anything like that for myself. I know some people say it's  worthwhile, but I'd rather use products to achieve certain results.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I have less than zero pain tolerance.  All my nerve endings are super sensitive.  My grandchildren used to say "be careful with Grammuffy, she's tender".  So yeah, this isn't for me either.  I just have to be thankful for good genes from both parents and do what I can with topical products.  I'm always going to care about my appearance but there is only so far I'm willing to go.  I WOULD however, have my eyelids lifted if the price was doable.  May look into that after I get over my knee surgery.

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
I looked at the tube and it is indeed .01% Retin A gel. I've had this prescription for about 10 years and have never had irritation, redness or any of the other issues I hear some have. I use vit c and of course the monthly TCA peels, too. Perhaps the low dosage is why I've never had the peely raw skin some experience.