Respected Contributor

Redken Genius Wash Cleansing Conditioner

[ Edited ]

Has any one tried it yet?  I read on facebook it has  Sandalwood and Musk base notes, Middle notes are vanilla orchid, violet tea and white patchouli  and top notes of are mandarin, dewy greens and rose.  Sounds like a good smelling  item. i am fond  of sandalwood and musk

12654178_10153694551626622_1993023361888508921_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Redken Genius Wash Cleansing Conditioner

[ Edited ]

I finally got around to trying this.  I purchased the kit with one full size cleansing conditioner and a full size color magnetics shampoo.  I picked it up at Ulta  where  there is a chart to help  you choose the one best for you  which I did not use  lol ...I  chose it based on the included shampoo.

Performance wise  it melted into my hair and rinsed out easily!!!  I had a lot of product in my hair including dry shampoo and hairspray and it "cleaned" it all out  and gave my long hair some volume.   It conditioned well and had no problems combing wet hair.

Scent is unisex. You can smell sandalwood  with a hint of floral  and herbs.  In the shower  the sandalwood stood out. The scent is very strong in the shower  and in wet hair but fades as your hair drys.  I can barely detect a lingering scent so thats a plus  but then again I put leave in conditioners,  oils etc.....  that may be covering it.  All I can say is I am super sensitive to strong scents  and this does not bother me at all.

Consistancy  is like my Matrix  Acei Berry  cleansing conditioner

Respected Contributor

I wish I could love cleaning conditioners, but my oily hair just doesn't like it.  I also don't get the whole, "when you don't want to wash your hair" thing either.  Whether I shampoo or cleanse, I'm washing my hair and all the style out, so what is the difference?  I'm on day four of a common cold virus with low grade fever, so I may be totally missing it.

Valued Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

Scent is unisex. You can smell sandalwood  with a hint of floral  and herbs.  In the shower  the sandalwood stood out. The scent is very strong in the shower  and in wet hair but fades as your hair drys. 

@kcladyz, it's interesting how different noses detect different scents!  I was in an Ulta a couple of weeks ago and smelled the Genius Wash shampoo. Yow! To my nose, it smelled of a really awful, heavy men's cologne. Ick. (The Ulta clerk giggled at my reaction and said, "Yup, that's the reaction most people are having to it.")  But I'm glad your nose smells something different and that you like the product. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tigriss wrote:

I wish I could love cleaning conditioners, but my oily hair just doesn't like it.  I also don't get the whole, "when you don't want to wash your hair" thing either.  Whether I shampoo or cleanse, I'm washing my hair and all the style out, so what is the difference?  I'm on day four of a common cold virus with low grade fever, so I may be totally missing it.

@Tigriss ... nope, you're not missing a thing. It's all a marketing messaging game and nothing more.  You may have a virus with a fever, but your brain cells are very much intact!  Hope you feel better very soon.

Respected Contributor

Thanks AspenGrove. Making my smoothies for the week last night, I ground up a spatula in my Vitamix with them, so operating a car today is out. I feel better, but still have a low grade fever. Fortunately it isn't the flu, but the dreaded "common cold". So I paid my co-pay to be told there is nothing that can be done. The doc suggested chicken broth and chicken soup. Go figure!
Respected Contributor

My hair is finally dry and after my normal styling routine no lingering scentHeart 

I am not  big on cleansing conditioners as well but  I like to use them if i want to speed up my shower and not bother with a second conditioning step.  Normal 2 in 1's never condition enough.  Sometimes my joints are so stiff  I just want to shorten my shower so I will use a cc or a 2 in 1  regular shampoo.

Valued Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
Thanks AspenGrove. Making my smoothies for the week last night, I ground up a spatula in my Vitamix with them, so operating a car today is out. I feel better, but still have a low grade fever. Fortunately it isn't the flu, but the dreaded "common cold". So I paid my co-pay to be told there is nothing that can be done. The doc suggested chicken broth and chicken soup. Go figure!

@Tigriss ... hah!  But ya know, that's the kind of thing I might do on an normal day, so I still think your brain cells are perfectly intact!  Glad it's nothing serious, but I know it's no fun.  Rest and rest some more so your body can fight the cooties.  Sending lots of healing vibes your way!!

Respected Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@Tigriss wrote:

@Tigriss ... hah!  But ya know, that's the kind of thing I might do on an normal day, so I still think your brain cells are perfectly intact!  Glad it's nothing serious, but I know it's no fun.  Rest and rest some more so your body can fight the cooties.  Sending lots of healing vibes your way!!

I hate being  sick. i take vitamins every day hoping I can dodge the cold/flu another year