Honored Contributor

Re: Redken - Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo/Conditioner

I looked at the bottle I have and the conditioner is creamy not clear, I am now confused if there are two versions of the conditioner.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 I am still oxox said:

I looked at the bottle I have and the conditioner is creamy not clear, I am now confused if there are two versions of the conditioner.

mine is creamy too. I only have the conditioner. It's just ok. I think it makes my hair a bit limp and frizzy.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 winamac1 said:

mine is creamy too. I only have the conditioner. It's just ok. I think it makes my hair a bit limp and frizzy.

There are TWO different Diamond Oils by redken. There is the original and this is "High Shine' diamond oil.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 kcladyz said:

There are TWO different Diamond Oils by redken. There is the original and this is "High Shine' diamond oil.

I just looked at their site and realized that there are two different products

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your review, kcladyz. I appreciate it. I am always looking to try something different, too.

My scalp is oily, but my ends are dry, and my hair is also "salt and pepper" gray. It can be challenging to try and find something.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 I am still oxox said:
On 3/21/2015 kcladyz said:

I just looked at their site and realized that there are two different products

Personally I like the "original" diamond oil better.

Valued Contributor

I am a bit confused now! Which formula is most moisturizing? Do both formulas impart shine to the hair? What is the defining differences in the two formulas! Appreciate any feedback! Thanks!
Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 kcladyz said:

I tried this and I must say this is the strangest hair product I ever used. First of all the conditioner is not a typical conditioner it is a ""gel"" yes a clear gel kinda same consistency as a hand sanitizer but a slight thicker. It absorbs fast into your hair and I believe there is little specks of 'something"" in it. Whatever it is it does add shine. My hair was so shiny it almost glowed!! lol This set is moisturizing to the EXTREME it felt oily yet my hair looked in great condition and felt light and airy at the same time it felt over conditioned. My hair is long and baby fine.

Over all its a great product that adds a great deal of shine unlike any product I ever used and made my hair look repaired and healthy despite the fact my hair felt over conditioned. Also the high shine helped make my greys un-noticible.

Also it is nothing like the original Redken Diamond Oil. This is more conditioning and more shine and softness than the origional.

What did you pay for these 2 items?

Respected Contributor

I got travel sizes of both shampoo and conditioner of the new Diamond Oil from Ulta. I really didn't need another set of full sized hair stuff.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 BaileyBop said:
On 3/18/2015 kcladyz said:

I tried this and I must say this is the strangest hair product I ever used. First of all the conditioner is not a typical conditioner it is a ""gel"" yes a clear gel kinda same consistency as a hand sanitizer but a slight thicker. It absorbs fast into your hair and I believe there is little specks of 'something"" in it. Whatever it is it does add shine. My hair was so shiny it almost glowed!! lol This set is moisturizing to the EXTREME it felt oily yet my hair looked in great condition and felt light and airy at the same time it felt over conditioned. My hair is long and baby fine.

Over all its a great product that adds a great deal of shine unlike any product I ever used and made my hair look repaired and healthy despite the fact my hair felt over conditioned. Also the high shine helped make my greys un-noticible.

Also it is nothing like the original Redken Diamond Oil. This is more conditioning and more shine and softness than the origional.

What did you pay for these 2 items?

It costs the same as the other Redken liters and I had coupons. I had extra money that came to m surprisingly if it was not for that I probably would have waited to the next liter sale at beautybrands/ulta. I find it is better to blow dry and not air dry. It is so extra ultra moisturizing blow drying helps but I love the shine. My hair is like a light bulb with this lol