Honored Contributor

Rediscovered my Bare Minerals

This heat has made wearing make-up difficult, because I glow like crazy. I got my powder foundation out, and rediscovered how well it wears in this oppressive heat. I honestly don't know why I stopped wearing it, as it always worked well for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Re: Rediscovered my Bare Minerals

I rediscovered my Bare Minerals too. I use Complexion Rescue then I touch up with the powder. Still best ever. I used too many brand. Over the years. It was the Worst Ever, I broke out and it was too heavy. Went back to old reliable mineral makeup

Valued Contributor

Funny you should mention this...I rarely wear foundation in the hot, humid summer. But, this past Sunday I wanted to spot cover an area - I didn't get my brush out, I just dipped my finger in the minerals and applied the minerals. I was actually very pleased with how it applied and how it looked just using my fingers for application. (I ended up covering more area than I first intended).

Esteemed Contributor

Me too. Well not that I went back to it but gave it a try a couple of months ago based on someone's recommendation. She told me to get the medium beige in the original formula but my Ulta was out of that shade so just got the original Medium 10. Now if switch back to my IT occasionally, like if I'm not going anywhere but in case someone comes to the door and I want to look human,  the IT makes me think  I look a bit yellowish. I use one of my IT brushes. I ordered one from the Bare Minerals website that was made specifically for the foundation and it wasn't cheap, in the neighborhood of $30 if I remember correctly but I didn't care for that one.

Honored Contributor

I have been wearing Bare Minerals Bare Pro for as long as it has been out and I really love it!  I just turned 69 in June, and the other day out of the blue, my DH said, "your face looks so nice"!  He made my day!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This heat has made wearing make-up difficult, because I glow like crazy. I got my powder foundation out, and rediscovered how well it wears in this oppressive heat. I honestly don't know why I stopped wearing it, as it always worked well for me.

@QVCkitty1  Sometimes there are head banging moments like that. I love BE powder foundation & when really lazy, just swirl tap and go. It’s a great spot concealer w/ a tiny brush. I purchased the supersize the last time it was offered, but disappointed that it was not the locking type jar. 

Respected Contributor

I don’t wear foundation. I am very oily and the ridiculously humid WI summer just makes things 100 times worse. But my HG concealer for anything that pops up that I need to cover is Bare Minerals Summer Bisque. Lasts on my oily skin and through the humidity. Love it. My oily face and humidity eats up anything else I’ve ever tried. I always stock up when the supersize is offered here. 

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I have been wearing Bare Minerals Bare Pro for as long as it has been out and I really love it!  I just turned 69 in June, and the other day out of the blue, my DH said, "your face looks so nice"!  He made my day!

@Hooty  I discovered this foundation about a month ago.  Love it!  Light weight, looks good, and lasts!  It's a winner.

Respected Contributor

I recently re-discovered Bare Minerals and although the look was okay from a distance, a close-up was horrid.  The powder settled in every fine line on my face.  

I washed it off and threw every Bare Mineral product I have in the trash...never again for me. 

Trusted Contributor

Same here. Don’t need liquid full coverage anymore. Am doing Complexion Rescue in natural (sometimes just this alone) with BM over it on occasion. I discovered the new colors that are available. Neutral medium is my new perfect shade, at least for this time of year. No heavy feel; in fact, I look great and don’t even feel I have anything on my face.