Contributor

Red spot concealer/cover recommendation please

I have a red spot about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser (not a pimple) on the end of my nose that I would like to conceal or at least reduce the redness so it is not so obvious.   It is not a broken blood vessel or irritation. It is not raised or scaly. (I know I need to see a dermatologist.)

I have an event next weekend and would like to minimize if not completely cover it for a few hours (with little opportunity to reapply.)  In my stash I have, Mally, Tarte, Lancome, Clinique, Duwop and IT Bye Bye Undereye and CC cream. At the most, some cover for about an hour.  I use a primer and foundation under and over.  

If you have had success with any of the products above, other application techniques  or can suggest something else I would appreciate it.       

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Red spot concealer/cover recommendation please

[ Edited ]

@relaxer

I always heard that green counteracts red.

Here's a product that is recommended to cover redness.

https://www.makeup.com/color-correcting-concealer

Honored Contributor

Since you don't really have that much time left before next weekend, I would head over to a counter and have a SA help you. That way you won't be messing around with it and have it taken care of right away. 

Trusted Contributor

I would recommend bare minerals Bisque.  I have a small red mark on my cheek and this is perfect for me....covers very well.  Not sure what your skin tone is, but I am light and the original bisque is a great match.  Since you are short on time...You can find this at ulta.  Make sure you use a small applicator brush for the best resilts.  No need to use a foundation over.  I actually use this exclusively as a foundation.  

Valued Contributor

@relaxer  I have redness flareups alot too  and have good success using the It Bye bye redness correcting cream with a beauty blender sponge. I press it in lightly then dust  a tiny bit of translucent setting powder from Laura Mercier. 

Honored Contributor

@relaxer wrote:

I have a red spot about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser (not a pimple) on the end of my nose that I would like to conceal or at least reduce the redness so it is not so obvious.   It is not a broken blood vessel or irritation. It is not raised or scaly. (I know I need to see a dermatologist.)

I have an event next weekend and would like to minimize if not completely cover it for a few hours (with little opportunity to reapply.)  In my stash I have, Mally, Tarte, Lancome, Clinique, Duwop and IT Bye Bye Undereye and CC cream. At the most, some cover for about an hour.  I use a primer and foundation under and over.  

If you have had success with any of the products above, other application techniques  or can suggest something else I would appreciate it.       

@relaxer  The best I’ve found is Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage. It comes in different shades...2 shades in each compact so you can mix yourself for different places on face...darker or lighter. It’s not a concealer for under eyes, not creamy, so stays put. It supposedly would cover a tattoo.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the Bare Minerals Bisque. 

Last week I received the new Bare Minerals Well Rested kit for under and around eyes.  It has a cream you use first that is an orangey-cream shade, then a mineral powder, and a brush. 

My husband had been to the derm the day before and we were going out that night and he had two dime-sized red spots on his bald head area from skin stuff being zapped at the derm.  There were no sores or anything, just the very noticeable spots of  red color, so I opened the new BM kit and tried it on him, worked like a miracle.  He was astounded at my breathtaking skills.....!

It lasted through the event and you couldn't see it at all, or the red spots.  Lasted until he showered it off the next day and he asked for more for the day.  

On me?  Horrible, shade way too dark, and used under my mature eyes it dried the area out so badly I looked over 100 in an hour.  I returned it.  

In the future I'll use Bisque concealer powder on hubby!

Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

@relaxer wrote:

@relaxer- Try DermaBlend Camouflage Foundation ( I use a foundation brush any stipple over any little area.) Sold on HSN or Ulta. If you have a Ulta you could try it there first but this is the best coverage I have found! Highly recommend it.

Contributor

Thank you for the details!