Regular Contributor

Re: Red Lipstick on Fair Complexions

I agree with the previous recommendation of Laura Mercier's Seduction. A lipliner to match is True Red also by Laura Mercier. I really love and recommend Laura Mercier's lipsticks. The texture is perfect (not drying, but not sticky either, and very luxurious).
Regular Contributor

MAC just released a collection called Red Red and it has several lovely looking lippies. The blog post says it's available at Nordstrom.

http://www.beautyediter.com/2014/12/mac-red-red-red-collection-for-holiday-2014.html

Honored Contributor

I doubt she's going to get something really all that flattering .... sounds like she's crazy about the IDEA of red lipstick, rather than how it will look ..... instead of trying to identify a specific brand or shade, why not just enlist the help of a sales associate at Sephora, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms .... you get the idea.

Maybe they can find something for her that's actually flattering. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Trusted Contributor

I too thought I looked better in a cool-toned red (blue undertone) until a professional tried on a warm red and I loved it! For some reason I always associated warm reds with my mother (very dated) but I was SO wrong. The color I tried was NARS Jungle Red (warm/neutral undertone) and I was hooked, been wearing it ever since. I'm pretty sure NARS also makes a cool red that you might want to try. Check it out.