Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   Thanks for the info on the 'slippers'!   It's funny, it never occured to me there would be a infrared/red light therapy device for the feet.  It's probably what I need.  After I posted my question to you here, I went to amazon to browse and found one that includes therapy for the ankle to (it's like a wrap bootie).  I almost bought it that night, but was tired and thought I'd think about things first.  Well, the next day and still today it's $60 more! Oh, well. amazon is crazy like that - prices going up and (hopefully) down.  Also, because of your post I just realized that they sell these sort of things as a single.  I believed it was a pair, shoes are, but just one (as you know).  

I would really like to hear your review of the one you have after you've given it enough time.  I hope you have great results.

I have a face mask by Opatra - it has all the different colored lights you can use - one at a time. It's a plug in which is a bit annoying.  I also think it's doesn't have the infrared.  Just led's.  

Maybe it's the infrared that makes all the difference?  I've been thinking about having an infrared sauna.  They do sell some portable ones.

@moonandthestars There are tracking apps that will notify you when anything in your Amazon Wish List lowers it's price.  I use Keepa, but there are others.  Keepa also tracks pricing over time, so when you look at an item you can see how the price has changed over time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Red Light Therapy

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars wrote:

@SilleeMee Thank you for pointing out that there is a difference between infrared and near infrared. Important to look for that detail.    I wish my mask had the near infrared.  Are the regular led's in these masks (my mask) considered infrared?  or is that something else entirely?

I also see mention of far infra-red. (in sauna's anyway).  Any details on that?  And how it impacts differently than the near infrared?

Thanks for any info Smiley Happy

@moonandthestars 

I found this chart which shows the various colors of light and one (far) infrared wavelength. Not shown are the near infrared and deep red which would be located somewhere between the red and (far) infrared on this chart. This chart shows you where the lights penetrate in the skin and deep tissue/bone.

ETA- This chart shows light and infrared as being very divided but in fact there is some overlap between them not shown here, especially on the infrared end of the chart.

About Light Therapy | LumaSoothe

Respected Contributor

This is such an informative thread and I really appreciate everyone who has contributed. Because of what you have written I decided to buy a red light treatment mask. I first tried to buy one from Currentbody but the coupon code most of you used from H&F no longer worked for 25%off. I sent their customer service an email to see if a code was available but they didn't offer one. I signed up for email with Omnilux and was sent a 10% off code... I hope it's ok to post this since I didn't post the coupon code itself. I have been using the Omnilux Contour for 4 nights and can already see a difference. My complexion seems more evenly toned and the texture is better. I am extremely happy with this mask. I truly think that this is the best beauty tool investment that I have ever made! Now, reading about the Lip Perfector I want to get that too.

Thanks again for all of the information that has been shared here...

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee Glad you you like it. For me, 3 drops doesn't feel like enough to cover my face.  This morning and this evening, I did use a small amount of my multivitamin toner and added some drops to it so the toner could help the green tea spread more easily and not feel so sticky.  I still need to refine my ratios though.  

In the AM, I cleansed and did my Nassif detox pad, let that dry down, did the toner/green tea mix, did the RLT mask, then followed up with the rest of my AM skincare including a couple serums and moisturizer.  If your system works for you, by all means, stick with it.  I just like my products so I'll continue using them at least for now. In the future, I may amend them.

This evening, I cleansed and applied the toner/green tea mix, did the treatment, followed up with more toner, a peptide serum, and moisturizer.  At bedtime, I'll apply my Tretinoin.  

My face has still been moist/damp when I put the mask on so I'm wiping with a damp washcloth after each session. 

ETA - I have a facial MSM gel with aloe that I tried this morning. It doesn't take much, but I liked it, for the same reason- to help spread the green tea. 

74B387A0-1DF7-4867-ABED-315FA211FD7D.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I just ordered the Lip Perfector, the 25%off code that I found the other day still worked so I decide to go ahead and get it! 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

@Tennessee Vol I love my Omnilux Contour mask and the fit is wonderful.  I am about 5 1/2 weeks in with it and very pleased with  the results.  Go Vols (I grew up in eastern TN). 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Questions for facial RLT:

1) What's everybody treating (or hoping to treat)? I thought you all were happy with just using Retin A? Is it circulation/collagen stimulation? wrinkle reduction? ??

2) What specific results are you seeing? I know this is sometimes hard to explain.

3) When you use those masks, must you also use eye protection?

@SilleeMee 

Thanks for posting that chart!

Respected Contributor

@Harpa I am using it due to having Rosacea which this type of mask should over time help with the redness and inflammation.

I of course HOPE it will also help with the signs of aging as I can't use many of the topical treatments other ladies here use for these issues.

My facial skin feels much calmer.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite 

Is your redness reducing as well?

Honored Contributor

Woohoo, my Lip Perfector is out for delivery TODAY!  DHL overrode my change in delivery and it's coming sooner than they anticipated. 😁