Honored Contributor

I've thought about getting the neck/dec device but right now I've been having very good results from using my Tria Age Defying Laser on my neck/dec. Been using that Tria for a long time and it's a good one especially for the vertical lines above the cleavage area (gone now) plus on my neck it got rid of the horizontal 'tree rings'. Firmed up the skin quite a bit, too, in those areas. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee I replaced my Tria Age Defying Laser this year and forgot about using on my neck/dec.  I had stopped using it for a while after I dropped my old one and broke it (after many years of use) and am building back up in strength.    Will give that another go before buying another device for the neck.   

I also see where Nuface has come out with a new micro current device.   Haven't read up on that one yet.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv 

Which light belt do you have?  I would love to have something that helped with knee pain.  I tried the mask and it didn't help.  My pain is from bone on bone. 

Thanks

Honored Contributor

I wish I could post this here but as you know, it's not allowed Smiley Sad  I found a 25% off coupon for the Current Body lip RLT.  Good luck to those interested in the product.  Hopefully you can find it without too much effort

Clipboard01.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: Red Light Therapy

[ Edited ]

Hi @monicakm 

I have bone on bone knee pain too - evaluated by a surgeon who is ready to operate - but I'm not ready for the expense, the lost time from work, the side effects of anesthesia, and months of PT in a walker. I've watched serveral friends struggle through all that and I frankly want no part of it, if I can possible avoid it.

But I found this after watching hours of stuff about red light therapy for arthritis pain on YouTube:

I don't have a ton of money to waste on something that may or may not work, so I ordered the cheapest belt I could find - and boy does it work for me!

Hope this helps! Heart

Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv , did you read the reviews for that belt?  Most of them were quite good, but one woman posted pics of what looked like burns.  While she faulted the belt, the only fault in the belt from what I read was that it doesn't have an automatic cutoff and she wore the thing at work for 3 hours straight.  I guess she's in the if a little is good, a lot is better crowd.  I don't know about this belt since I don't have the manual, but I know some of the require down time between treatment sessions to cool off.  They have some sort of coolin mechanism in them, but I'm sure continuous operation overwhelms it.  I can't believe she posted that review since it was obviously her fault unless the manual doesn't warn against it.

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Of course I read the reviews - non of which includes anyone who has been burned by the belt. My review is listed under the pseudomym "TechnoJunkie."

The belt has a timer on it, so it turns itself off after the time pre-programmed by the user. Also, I think it auto turns off after 30 minutes, but I only use it for 20 minutes, so I haven't tested that feature.

The directions for the belt clearly state not to use it longer than 20 minutes at a time and to let the belt cool for 10 minutes between sessions. How anyone could complain about being burned after leaving the thing on for three hours straight is beyond me. Perhaps they were drinking or using drugs at the same time?  Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv I was wrong.  It was the LifePro belt which looks very similar to the Mohtue belt.  She said she was sitting at her desk at work and was using level 3 and 4.  Mentioned that "it seemed to be becoming quite hot but did not seem “burning hot”."  Seems kinda stupid to me.

Honored Contributor

I received an email yesterday afternoon from CurrentBody. The new lip device is now on the US site.  @monicakm's coupon code works there too.   I'm so torn. 

Super Contributor

Re: Red Light Therapy

[ Edited ]

OMG - I just found an article about blue light and skin cancer from the Cleveland Clinic.

One of the main reasons I ordered the knock off mask is because at 76 I still get acne type boo boos on my face from time to time. The mask I ordered has a blue light option that is supposed to be good for acne.

Well, I have what I think is a pre-cancerous spot on my chest. I'm afraid to go to the Derm because I'm afraid of getting sick with Covid. I just looked up what blue light can do to and for skin cancer and I think I hit the jackpot! WHOO WHOO!