Respected Contributor

Re: Red Light Therapy

[ Edited ]

I have been "spying" on your thread here LOL just to see what everyone was thinking and experiencing from their masks.  I am always cautious before I decide to buy something like this as I have rosacea but it sure sounds like it would be beneficial for me also.  

I would like to ask about the fit and some of you gals mentioned getting pressure marks after use??  Where and how long to go away after treatment if this is happening?

I did watch Hot & Flashy review on it and she was getting it with the Current Body on her nose only and nothing on the Omnilux.  I can use her discount codes and get the Current body right now for 259.35 with some free skin care they are offering also.  

I am so tempted to get it....I may pull the trigger today!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I have been "spying" on your thread here LOL just to see what everyone was thinking and experiencing from there masks.  I am always cautious before I decide to buy something like this as I have rosacea but it sure sounds like it would be beneficial for me also.  

I would like to ask about the fit and some of you gals mentioned getting pressure marks after use??  Where and how long to go away after treatment if this is happening?

I did watch Hot & Flashy review on it and she was getting it with the Current Body on her nose only and nothing on the Omnilux.  I can use her discount codes and get the Current body right now for 259.35 with some free skin care they are offering also.  

I am so tempted to get it....I may pull the trigger today!

Thanks!

@tsavorite - I'm using the CurrentBody mask and haven't noticed any residual marks.  If I've  gotten any, and didn't know it, they must have resolved quickly.  The mask lays very flat against the face, the lights don't really press into the skin.  The mask is soft and pliable but not flimsy.  

Go for it, girl! 😊

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

The pressure-point marks from my mask are on my cheek bones and on the top of my nose (bridge part). Those marks are very light dents and are slightly more pink than the rest of my face but they go away completely in about 10 minutes. It's not a real problem but just an observation.

No pressure, but for the price you posted I would get the mask for sure! Especially if it comes with the skincare stuff. Keep us posted!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @JeanLouiseFinch Thank you  so much for the quick responses!  I am thinking I have such thin skin and just about anything makes deep lasting marks on my face so I was worried and you gals cleared the up.  I would use it in the evening after I cleanse so a light mark say on my nose would be no big deal then.  

I also am thinking since you ladies have normal skin (free from a disease like myself) and getting results with it then I should see some calmness in my inflammation over all as red light treatments are highly recommended for this disease I have.

I believe this is a go for me!  

Respected Contributor

OMGoodness I did it LOL!  Order is all set!  Excited about this purchase.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

YAY!   happy dance.gif  Way to go!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Just did my 9th treatment and my battery indicator light turned orange so I'm assuming it needed recharging. Thought I read it suppose to have 20 treatments per charge...hmmm.

ETA- 

I emailed CB and asked them how many treatments per charge. Stay tuned.

I've been stalking this thread since my first comments.  @SilleeMee I think it is a good idea to check on the issue.  I think I have a bad battery in my Hairmax headband.  Of course, it's long out of warranty. 

I have a feeling that first time I took it on vacation the altitude may have gotten to it.  I've had that problem TWICE with laptop batteries.  They get battery bloat at altitude.  I would have to remove my laptop battery and be tethered to the outlet to use my laptop.  Can't be good for the battery even if it resolves when you return and the bloat goes down.  But, I digress

Anyways, I didn't take it with me after that, but over time the number of buzzes I get to move the headband have dropped to only 3.  I rather doubt it's really doing anything at this point even though three spots probably covers the recommended area.

Luckily, I was able to find some replacement batteries on Ebay and plan to try and replace them once my torx wrenches come in that I'll need to take the headband apart.  The seller was nice enough to send me some directions when I E-mailed him.  He said the newer headbands are somewhat more difficult, but that mine should be pretty easy.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I have never heard that about high altitude as being a cause for a battery to go bad. However, cold environments will cause batteries to drain faster so they will need recharging more often which can shorten a battery's lifespan.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I have never heard that about high altitude as being a cause for a battery to go bad. However, cold environments will cause batteries to drain faster so they will need recharging more often which can shorten a battery's lifespan.

@SilleeMee Well, that's the only thing I can come up with.  It's happened to me twice.  It was never in the cold.  And I noticed the Hairmax wasn't getting as many buzzes while we were on our trip, but seemed to resume them after we got back, but slowly it got to be fewer and fewer buzzes per treatment.  

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite I have rosacea (since I was young) and this doesn't bother that on me.  I looked on the Omnilux website and they say results are noticeable quickly and describe the results we are seeing.    I decided to get the mask after I had 3 radiofrequency treatments and the derm did a red light session after each treatment.   Of course they use the big professional size Omnilux product in their office.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.