Valued Contributor

Recs. please for oil clogged oil gland/pores. post meno

(Post menopause skin - Not acne.  Do any of you ladies have advice on how to clear oil clogged pores in the T zone between the eyebrows?  I have been using retin A with no results.  Are there any products that will help clear them?  They look like two or three breakouts that are just starting, but thave been in limbo for for at least 3 months. 

My new derm doc I saw for mole checks told me I could go to Kaiser's cosmetic derm clinic but the rates sheet she gave me are for full facials and start at $75. and up.  I can't believe she didn't offer any ideas other than a full face treatment. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recs. please for oil clogged oil gland/pores. post meno

Many have suggested applying a 2% salicylic acid treatment solution to help clean out pores and with regular use, maintain clear skin. Paula's Choice 2% BHA has earned many top picks here. Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

I would use Skinn Dermapeel three times a week.  It would definitely clean out those pores.

Respected Contributor

@CaChica I agree 100% with @SilleeMee. I have tried several different products. I HAD some whiteheads and a bad pimple from using argon oil on my face and the PC 2% BHA Liquid (Salicylic) got rid of them all. I spot treated.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

@CaChica

You can dissolve aspirin in water and apply it to the clogged areas.    NOTE:  Do not use if you cannot take aspirin!!!

Aspirin is  acetylsalicylic acid and it should help to unclog your skin.  Try about 6 aspirin and just enough water to make a paste.

Apply to your clogged areas.  Let it sit about 15 minutes.  See what you think.  Aspirin is an antiinflammatory and works wonders on acne, also. 

Honored Contributor

PC's 2% BHA !

I personally would not go the aspirin route. Her BHA products have a stated amount of salicylic acid, as well as some other beneficial ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paula's choice offers several BHA products. I like her new 4% BHA formulation. It's very gentle and works fast to unclog pores with no irritation unlike the foam version.

Last year, I was desperate since I had a wedding in two weeks and had a clogged blind spot that would not subside. I looked online and it was advised to place a warm compress and then leave tea tree oil on pure for a few minutes on the spot. Lo and behold, it unclogged within 2-3 days without having to press or anything; it just opened up.

I did it twice a day after washing my face. Begin leaving the tea tree oil  1-3 minutes or so and just watch the time so you don't overuse it. It works wonders!!

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@CaChicaVitamin C tablets are also excellent for maintaining a clear complexion at any age..

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Exfoliate, gently but often. Use a mask for removing impurities. Use a cleanser.

Good Luck

Trusted Contributor

Dimitiri James (Skinn) makes an awesome pore cleanser that you don't have to give up your first born for.

It is in a green tube, called PURE PORE DETOX.

I have a silicon-nubby, hand held, face sonic cleansing tool (QVC sells them I just can't think of the name of it), but the tool is optional.

I started using it without much expectation, but after about a week or so I was so surprised that it actually worked! My pores were so clean and so tiny. I love that stuff and it is very gentle.