Frequent Contributor

Re: Recs for dark spot remover for face

Thank you, SilleeMee and JeanLouiseFinch.  I've never heard of Alpha Skin Care myself, I know my sister hasn't,  so there you go, learn something every day.  

Honored Contributor

@LCR wrote:

Thank you, SilleeMee and JeanLouiseFinch.  I've never heard of Alpha Skin Care myself, I know my sister hasn't,  so there you go, learn something every day.  

It has been around for over 20 years, but with different names. when I was buying it was Alpha Hydrox, then Neoteric Cosmetics. It was one of the pioneers to use Glycolic Acid. 

Trusted Contributor

It used to be in Ulta stores.

Respected Contributor

Is there a strange smell to these products?  I found that the Joan Rivers Hand Cream that had hydroquinone had a funky scent and I couldn't use it.    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

There's a Rx cream called Triluma which is specifically formulated for dark spots...it has 4% HQ + tretinoin + steroid. You can buy it w/o a Rx from AllDayChemist.

@SilleeMee What percent of tretinoin does this product have?  Also, where would one work in the Alpha product while using RA?  It says to use it twice a day.  

OT Since being back up north for the summer, I thought, "wow, I am looking old  - not good".  I began to wonder if the lighting down south was deceiving me LOL. I guess tropical climate is better for my skin.  Anyway, I have decided for a week I am going to apply JM reserve Argon oil.  It absorbs very fast.  Then I will apply the RA.  I have to tell you that in two days, my skin looks better.  The alligator texture and peeling is almost gone.  It has certainly lifted my spirits - especially since there isn't much sunshine. Woman Sad 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

There's a Rx cream called Triluma which is specifically formulated for dark spots...it has 4% HQ + tretinoin + steroid. You can buy it w/o a Rx from AllDayChemist.

@SilleeMee What percent of tretinoin does this product have?  Also, where would one work in the Alpha product while using RA?  It says to use it twice a day.  

OT Since being back up north for the summer, I thought, "wow, I am looking old  - not good".  I began to wonder if the lighting down south was deceiving me LOL. I guess tropical climate is better for my skin.  Anyway, I have decided for a week I am going to apply JM reserve Argon oil.  It absorbs very fast.  Then I will apply the RA.  I have to tell you that in two days, my skin looks better.  The alligator texture and peeling is almost gone.  It has certainly lifted my spirits - especially since there isn't much sunshine. Woman Sad 

@tends2dogs 

Triluma contains .05% tretinoin ( + HQ and steroid). Triluma is a spot treatment cream and should not be layered with anything else until the course of treatment is completed, about 8 weeks.

That Alpha fade cream is a spot treatment product which needs to be applied directly on clean, dry skin...your first step in your day and night routines. Apply that first, let it absorb (10-15 min or so) and then apply the rest of your stuff including RA nightly. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Your skin might be looking better b/c of the high humidity. Skin loves humidity.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

Your skin might be looking better b/c of the high humidity. Skin loves humidity.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  So do I!!  And high temperatures.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs What is RA?  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe    Retin A.  Woman Wink