Trusted Contributor

Recs for a Sheer Finish Powder, Not Matte, pls

I'm a lifelong FL gal, so I have always felt comfortable with a bit of sheen (a little natural oil and a little sweat!). I would like a bit of a veil, though. Looked at the Bare Mineral veil being offered currently, but don't want a matte finish, just a bit of a dewy, sheer finish. I don't really need shimmer, but a slight amount would be okay.

Help, my beauty experts, please. At 70 and single, I need to step up my game a little.

Respected Contributor

Re: Recs for a Sheer Finish Powder, Not Matte, pls

The IT Cosmetics bye bye pores pressed illumination powder might fit the bill.  It leaves a subtle glow/sheen on the skin.  I use it sometimes to set foundation.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the budget-friendly wet 'n wild Matte About You pressed powder. It's not really matte but has a slight sheen with just a tiny amount of micro-sparkle that you can't really see unless you are in bright light and up close. It doesn't make you look more wrinkly. It has no drying talc. Top-rated product.

wet 'n wild Matte About You pressed powder - $5

download.jpg

ETA - I woundn't recommend this if you are a woman of color or have a darker skin tone. It might make you look ghostly.

Respected Contributor

I also have the IT bye bye pores to set my Bobbie Brown tinted moisturizer. It's my go to product. HTH.
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

Suggestion is mine also. Florida resident. Love!! The finish. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so far, friends. I should add I don't wear foundation and don't really care to. I wear various Isomers serums and JM face milk, face butter and argan oil. I switch it up with combinations of both, a few at a time.

I recently started using a benefit pore perfecting cream (very sparingly) and benefit blush box o'powders (also very sparingly).

Maybe this sounds strange, but I embrace most of my imperfections and don't really like covering them up, including pores.

Just want to like a little "smooth", I guess, for want of a better word

Respected Contributor

I love the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil! 

I used it years ago but felt it didn't offer anything I needed in addition to the basic powder foundation, but now that I am older I use a liquid foundation and Mineral Veil over it, very lightly with the big brush that came with it. 

It is not matte, gives a glowing even look, and worn over just moisturizer really finishes your face for a natural look, not powdery, not matte. I do not need to touch up during the day but you can and it doesn't get powdery, cakey, or too much at all.

Was pleasantly surprised by it and have been using it ever since I got it last year in a TSV.  

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Okay, tough decision. @SilleeMee , I think I will try either the W&W or the BM Illimunating veil. Which would you choose as a first try?  I'm a little confused, but I guess the supersize BM veil powder is not available in "illuminating".

Also, I am beginning to realize that the demos on tv must be a little heavy handed.

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

Okay, tough decision. @SilleeMee , I think I will try either the W&W or the BM Illimunating veil. Which would you choose as a first try?  I'm a little confused, but I guess the supersize BM veil powder is not available in "illuminating".

Also, I am beginning to realize that the demos on tv must be a little heavy handed.

@FLgardener ,

It is a tough decision.Woman Very Happy So many choices out there. The WnW is so affordable and you could just get it and not suffer too much of a loss if you don't like it. Then maybe try something else...like the BM or IT products mentioned here. Personally, I like pressed powder over loose powder...that's easier for me.