Valued Contributor

Recommendations on red lipsticks please

I love red lipstick. My complexion doesn't favour it though, when it's a full on red. I used to have a sheer red years ago that worked because it was so sheer, and shiny which I like. Alas, I don't recall the brand. Does anyone know of a good SHEER red lipstick (not gloss). Brand please? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations on red lipsticks please

I love Clinique Heather Moon.  It isn't bright like a berry, it's more the color of a candied apple.

Respected Contributor

I've been banging the Lipstick Queen drum, so I'll recommend Medieval. It's sheer, moisturizing with some shine.

Valued Contributor

Lipstick color regardless if it is red or not depends upon your skin tone, hair color...ie, your color season.  If your on the warm skin toned side, I recommend Clinque Different Lipstick in Angel Red.  It is a beautiful, sheer brick red and I have worn it.  It is lovely.

Honored Contributor

I have very fair skin. Years ago Revlon made one called China Glaze Red. Don't know if it is still made but is a great color for fair skinned people.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I've been banging the Lipstick Queen drum, so I'll recommend Medieval. It's sheer, moisturizing with some shine.

Lipstick Queen also makes a sheer red in their Butterfly Ball line. It's called Moment. All the Butterfly shades are on sale for $12 on her site. These lipsticks, though sheer, have good pigmentation and fairly good longevity.  It's a bit of a berry or cherry red shade.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I use Skinn's lipstick - I don't know the name. It's a bricky red - I think it's a plasma fusion anti-aging lip color. I also like the pallets in the reds and berries - very long lasting and cruelty free. Not too heavy. I won't suggest the lip dyes because those are not sheer at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lipstick Queen ~ Medieval.

Info states designed to go well with all skin tones, I can't speak for that, but I am fair with reddish, brown hair and green eyes.  

I always have a tube of this in my purse. Can layer up, or not.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Yes, yes, and YES on Lipstick Queen Medieval!  I second that sentiment. Fabulous shade of sheer red. Love, love, love. I cannot recommend it enough.  

Honored Contributor

It's impossible to know what would look on you without info as to your coloring. Anyone can wear red, if you pick the right shade. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval