Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for ways to keep lower lash line eye liner from smudging

[ Edited ]

I think a full line across the top and bottom lash line looks harsh and closes the eye. I prefer a tightline on top and just a little at the outer corners on the bottom.  To me, it's softer, opens the eye, and gives a more youthful appearance.  I use eyeshadow as my liners these days. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Glorimar   Woman Happy

I spoze it's cheating,  but i get a mascara, colors if I want, and, with the tip of the brush, I dab, dab, dab at the lower lash line.  Never had any problems, incl any problem with it getting in the eyes, or smearing. If want to be creative, even Amz has numerous colors of mascara, if ya wanna play.  Woman Happy

Good luck! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whenever you apply something dark (liner, mascara, shadow) to the lower lash-line then that can make the eyes look smaller by giving the eyes a border which closes them in...like a thick picture frame or a pair of thick-framed eyeglasses. Obliterates the whites of the eyes which is probably a good part of the eyes to show, an attractive feature and represents good health.

Honored Contributor

I use powder just under the lower lash line for this exact reason. In the colder months it's not really a problem for me but when I'm hot and sweaty, lower liner and mascara is going to melt onto my face if I don't powder first

Valued Contributor

@Glorimar I'm with @turtle52  on this one. Have you used the Laura Geller Kajal eyeliner? It does not smudge for me, and I have "oily" under eye area no mater what primer, concealer, powder, or setting spray used first. My all-time favorite eyeliner! It's just ever so slightly smudgeable right when you apply but it then sets fast.

Honored Contributor

I find lining my lower lash line is much more effective way of defining my eyes that lining the upper lid. I use NYX Mechanical eye pencils, they dont smudge and last all day. I use lots of various shades but never black, too harsh. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @SilleeMee  about  any eyeliner.  At night I do use the very thin MAC 110 brush for a smoky eye underneath the lash and then lighten it up if I put on too much with a q-tip to soften it.  The 110 is very skinny.

When done right it can be alluring and sexy with a touch of it.

Less is more.  That's why I used Lancome "dual finish" powder foundation.  I like to have a few imperfections come through my facial skin like a little freckle or something.  Looks so much more natural.  I don't mind.  I just can't stand redness.

Guess that's why I'm proceeding with "cool peel co2 laser".

I think this will work for a natural glowy flawless look without the coverage.  Can't wait for 3rd session.  

The cost is a beating especially in area's of country you live in but hey, I'm only coming around once.

My beauty regime is one thing.  It's Cerave moisturizing lotion day and night.  Plus vaseline on lips at bedtime.  That's it.  So  I'm really cheap in that department.  Very sensitive skin, what can I say?