Regular Contributor

Recommendations for the most moisturizing lipsticks with the greatest color deposit

We will be in cold weather next month in NY and I'd like to find a lipstick that keeps my lips moisturized but that lets the color stay on them for more than 5 minutes. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance ladies.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Recommendations for the most moisturizing lipsticks with the greatest color deposit

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for the most moisturizing lipsticks with the greatest color deposit

Good morning... I've recommended Revlon Lustrous lipstick on this forum hundreds of times. For me, the color lasts for hours and very moisturizing.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glorimar    Apparently my post to you was removed because I included a link to another vendor.  Try Gabriel cosmetics.  They have a website.   All vegan, pure, moisturizing and a great color payoff that stays  

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar   Hmmm. Moist lipsticks and staying power don't usually go together. The best one I've found is L'Oreal Color Riche Shine. I have the shade Varnished Rosewood. It's a rosey shade w/ a hint of brown so not too bright.

*If you use a nude pencil to fill in the lips first, the lipsticks tend to have something to grip on to. 

Respected Contributor

I like the Clinique Pop lipsicks for moisture and staying power! Creamy with great color deposit. If you want to tone it down just tap it on with a finger or, of course, apply gloss on top! Great color choices too!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably need to apply a lip primer first. That way you can wear the lippie of your choice. They come in all price ranges. Looks like MAC makes a very nice one sold here, $20.

https://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A525275.html?colorId=000&sizeId=000&r

"Description

Prep + Prime Lip Primer by MAC Cosmetics is a color-free base to wear under lipstick. It adds light moisture, smoothes, and refines the look of lips and improves the appearance of applied lip products while providing immediate hydration."
Esteemed Contributor

I like the Doll 10 line of lipsticks and lip balms. They work for me. I've used Bobbie Brown lipsticks and they work well also. Neither line dries my lips and the color stays on for many hours.

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar   This kit is on sale for $20 at Macys online.  Or you can purchase individually. Very hydrating lipstick by Clinique.  Or you can look at Bobbie Brown Luxe.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glorimar wrote:

We will be in cold weather next month in NY and I'd like to find a lipstick that keeps my lips moisturized but that lets the color stay on them for more than 5 minutes. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance ladies.

IMO, use a nice lip liner and fill in your lips with it. Then top it off with a clear or similar colored gloss, or NYX a lip butter gloss.