Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for 'softer look' eyeliner for mature eyes

I haven't been wearing makeup lately but earlier I switched from black liner to brown or navy blue or even dark gray.  I have a hard time getting liner on as I don't see that well without glasses now and my hand shakes a bit.  I do better with a soft pencil and just kind of dot it in the lash line.  As for the bottom lash line --- this is something I'm not sure of??  Is it better for a mature eye to wear it or not wear it?  I feel like I look better if I wear some kind of liner there but not sure.  I have been noticing that some ladies look like they only wear liner from the outside corner of their eye to about the center of the pupil --- not all the way across.  I guess this is supposed to make the eye look more open?  If anyone has any ideas about this, please just chime in!!  Looks like you are getting many great ideas! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Laura Geller Eye Rimz is great for creating a soft liner.  I created an inventory of all my makeup products about two years (admitted nerd here), and found two of those in my stash.  They were the oldest items, way down at the bottom of the drawer and they got relegated there because I did not like using them as eye shadow.  I looked at the product label again and decided to give them a atry as eyeliner.  I had Goldspell and something with "bronze" in the name.

I put down a layer of Mac Paint Pot and applied the Eye Rimz with a little tiny brush that came with the eyeshadows.  It lasted all day and looked soft.  Over time, I used every last bit of both eyeshadows.  Once my stash of liquid and pencil product is gone I will be on the hunt to replace the bronze version.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Do you have a picture of the type of brush you use?

It's the 

Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Brush Studio Line - Flat Eye Definer 714

From Amazon - $8, comes in different colors.

@SilleeMee 

My eye defines brush will be here Friday!  I can't wait to try it.  Is that a pretty good brand?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Do you have a picture of the type of brush you use?

It's the 

Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Brush Studio Line - Flat Eye Definer 714

From Amazon - $8, comes in different colors.

@SilleeMee 

My eye defines brush will be here Friday!  I can't wait to try it.  Is that a pretty good brand?

@SurferWife 

I own just that one flat liner brush. I've had it for several years and it has not changed....no shedding or anything. It's perfect. Woman Happy