Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for dry, thin, frizzy, straight hair

Sulfates  are not bad for your hair. It is a myth.  Its the quality of the shampoo.  You can have sulfates and still be super gentle

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for dry, thin, frizzy, straight hair

Goodness, @Starpolisher, I forgot to mention to take Biotin. You can get it OTC at the drugstore and I'd take (2) 10,000 mcg pills daily.

I was using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner but it really dried out my hair. Now I use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and my hair is LOTS better.

Trusted Contributor

@kcladyz

Yes...they are. Especially for colored hair but for anyone. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher,  For dry hair, Acure Organics hydrating shampoo is wonderful and Avalon Organics volumizing Rosemary shampoo and Avalon Organics Thickening shampoo with Biotin B complex.  All these shampoos are at iherb.com.  If you spend $20 you receive free shipping.  Conditioner weighs hair down, I never use it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

The sulfate-free or clean conditioners were the worst thing I could have used on my hair.  After all the great reviews, they left my hair feeling knotted and straw-like.  Sulfate free does not work for all hair types.  I have thin, fine and color treated hair.  I get the best performance for my hair when I use the cheap Herbal Essence Body shampoo.  I use Neutragena clarifying shampoo 1-2 times per week and deep condition 1x/wk.  Anything more or less weighs down or dries out my hair.  Getting older is tough business!!