Trusted Contributor

Recommendations for self sharpening eye pencils

I need new eyeliner pencils that stay put all day but are easy to remove.  I have tried IT, Laura Geller, Doll 10 and various others but none of them meet what I am looking for. Currently I am using Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl eyeliners which I like but I'm just in the mood for something different. No weird colors, just navy, black, brown, plum, gray colors like that.  Thanks for any recs you can give. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for self sharpening eye pencils

[ Edited ]

I highly recommend Palladio Retractable Eye Pencils. Get them at Sally's or on ebay, maybe Amazon and on the Palladio site. Very reasonably priced, they come in black, brown, smokey which is charcoal grey, dark plum, brown/black, and navy. I use them all. Since they are retractable no sharpening is ever needed. Been using them for years, waterproof, yet easy to remove. 

Honored Contributor

Colourpop's navy, called DTLA, is super good.

WnW's Megalast in blackest black, brown and black-brown are very good and most affordable.

Both of those are the retractable type.

Honored Contributor

I use IT brand.  It definitely stays on all day.

But I no longer line the upper part of my lid.

I line the inner rim.  It's just easier and it looks like like I've lined the top of my eyelid.

A quick story...(I know...not another one).  So one day I was getting physical theraphy done.

The female therapist was bending my back, poking and I was literally yelling in pain and she stopped and said, "Are you wearing false eyelashes"?

I stopped yelling and said, "Why would you ask me that?"

She said, "Well, it just looks like you might be?"

So, the rest of the day I was walking around all pumped up thinking, 'I must have long eyelashes' ....

Then it dawned on me (I know I'm a little slow) that she thought that because I wear mascara and when I line the INNER RIM it looks like I'm wearing eyeliner, but I'm not.

This way, it's quick and I don't need to worry about mess ups.  I just line the inner rim, not the bottom (that makes my eyes look smaller).

So, the pencil isn't super pointed but it's small (stays that way) and it looks like I have lined my top eyelids.

Problem solved.  So, to finally answer I just line the top inner rim with IT pencil and it stays there.  It doesn't get on the bottom because I let it dry.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

I like the ones from Clinique. 

Honored Contributor

Rimmel  is a great budget choice but every once in awhile I'll treat myself to a Marc Jacobs gel eyeliner.