Regular Contributor

Recommendations for primer for under eye area

I've been thinking about trying Laura Geller's Spackle for the under eye area but am open to suggestions. I just turned 50 and hormonal changes have caused my typically oily skin to turn drier and I've noticed my under eye area getting drier. What I'm looking for is a product to help blurr/smooth out my fine lines in that area so that when I apply my concealer they aren't more apparent and it won't settle into that area. I'm currently using Bobbi Brown eye concealer. Thank you in advance ladies. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for primer for under eye area

I use a primer for my whole face not just for under my eyes.  Several companies make primers, I've been using Smashbox.  

Honored Contributor

@Winkk 

Same  but I use Hourglass Primer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glorimar wrote:

I've been thinking about trying Laura Geller's Spackle for the under eye area but am open to suggestions. I just turned 50 and hormonal changes have caused my typically oily skin to turn drier and I've noticed my under eye area getting drier. What I'm looking for is a product to help blurr/smooth out my fine lines in that area so that when I apply my concealer they aren't more apparent and it won't settle into that area. I'm currently using Bobbi Brown eye concealer. Thank you in advance ladies. 

@Glorimar   Sometimes applying a primer under concealer dries it out more since its purpose is to hold onto the concealer. I suggest using more undereye cream, let it settle in and then apply a light layer of BB concealer. If you have a lot of darkness, try BB Corrector and then you have 2 light layers of coverage instead of  building up concealer. 

I do use my lid primer just where I place my line of shadow under my bottom lid.