Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for lighted makeup mirror?

@ECBG wrote:

I have a Conair and love it.  Also the replacement lights can be found at BB& Beyond so that isn't a problem.

Conair Nickel Double-sided 1x-5x Lighted Makeup Mirror

Is this the model that you have?  https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/conair-reg-variable-lighted-1x-10x-mirror-in-black/10... (different color, I know)

Esteemed Contributor

Your probably going to find it hard to find a mirror that uses batteries that is bright enough. I think spending the extra on the Ihome was worth it. The light is super bright. I had a battery operated one and it was ******. Gave off no light at all.
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Your probably going to find it hard to find a mirror that uses batteries that is bright enough. I think spending the extra on the Ihome was worth it. The light is super bright. I had a battery operated one and it was ******. Gave off no light at all.

Yes, I was just looking at this.  It's definitely in the mix.  (looking at the floxite, conair, zadro, jerdon, also)

Do you find the light is like sunlight?  Is the 7x magnification enough, you think?

Is it lightweight?  Pretty portable?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would say the light mimicks sunlight pretty good. The 7x is fine for me. As far as portability it depends. It's not super heavy but your not going to be packing it in a suitcase or bag. But if you wanted to just take it into a different room that is no problem. I probably won't use the speakers. That part was kind of gimmicky. But I think it is cheaper then the simple human and it has the 1x. It says you will get about four hours on one charge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. @moonandthestars
    I was on the same quest a couple of weeks ago . As a matter of fact I also started a thread for suggestions. I wound up with the Conair because I liked the different light settings but I think the magnification side is only a 5 x. Bed Bath & Beyond has a nice selection but you will find that some are very pricey! I picked up the Conair because it was reasonably priced and it's a good product. I also changed out the light bulbs in my bathroom which made a big difference
Honored Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

Floxite 10X Daylight Vanity MirrorA245088 Floxite  I have used and have several of this brand. My favorite for sure. I have an old one that is 15X.

I also had this mirror and liked it alot. Sadly, Someone must have stepped on the cord or something. So the insulation that covered the electric wire was exposed. I threw it out. Now I wish I hadn't. I wish I just cut the cord because I liked the mirror. And the mirror I bought to replace it is not nearly as nice as the Floxite.

Respected Contributor

I can't recommend a specific mirror, but I like the one with a regular mirror on one side and 8X magnification on the other.  8X is absolutely perfect for me.  Not too much and not too little. 

Amazon has a nice selection and with reviews.  

Honored Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

Floxite 10X Daylight Vanity MirrorA245088 Floxite  I have used and have several of this brand. My favorite for sure. I have an old one that is 15X.

15X...!!! 

verrgertes-schreiendes-schreien-der-alten-frau-29779797.jpg

Respected Contributor

Too funny!

I often take my lighted makeup mirror sans the light on into the kitchen dining table where there's plenty of direct sunlight.  After using a lighted mu mirror, I really prefer no light other than real sunlight to get a truer view of my lovely aging face. Smiley Surprised