Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for face mositurizer?

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@m0rgan wrote:

CereVe

Recommended by my Dermatologist that happens to specialize in adlut and children acne, and BTW also recommended Suave shampoo. ( I'm still trying to find Suave "Toasted Marshmallow 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner"),

@MarkeieMark 

If you go to the Suave website, there's a Find-a-Store feature.  Type in your zip code and see if it's available in your area.

I tried it and discovered that it's at my local grocery store.  Still haven't bought it, but I bet it smells great. Woman Very Happy

Right now I'm using the Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter duo with no complaints.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Beautypedia has reviews on drugstore/retail stores, etc.  Just make sure you do not purchase a moisturizer or any other product in a jar.  Your fingers contaminate it as well as the ingredients being degraded when exposed to air.

Honored Contributor

I take a phytoceramides supplement. That helps my skin stay hydrated...it's like moisturizing from within. I don't use nearly as much lotions and creams as I once did. Great stuff.

Honored Contributor

I have 3 that I really like.  I am 51 and I get just an oily t-zone and my cheeks are on the dry side.

Right now I am using Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15.  This is about $15.00 for a 4oz pump container.

Garnier Clearly Bright Anti-Sun Damage Moisturizer SPF 30.  Also about $15.00 for a 2.5 oz pump container.

Olay Total Effects (the one that is a 7-in-1 product.)  I can only use the unscented one which I think is the one labeled for sensitive skin.  All the normal Olay products are too scented for me.  Again, this is also in the $15.00 range for a 1 oz pump container.

My biggest thing is having a sunscreen in my daytime moisturizer.  I don't worry about other active ingredients.  These moisturizers all work well on my skin, don't break me out and allow me to be outside in the sun all day long without getting burned. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Oil of Olay since age 16. I should have bought stock in the company. For quite some time now I use the SPF 15 with moisturizer, as I'm outside. Take walks and bike ride. In my 60s. Have only slight wrinkles on my face and that's when I laugh or smile. Just works for me. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Frequent Contributor

Another vote for Eucerin Q10 moisturizer! Great for night and works well in morning under makeup. Good for sensitive skin as well. A great drugstore find!!
Trusted Contributor

i use clinique ..and also first aid beauty i use on my face and everywhere on my body

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I take a phytoceramides supplement. That helps my skin stay hydrated...it's like moisturizing from within. I don't use nearly as much lotions and creams as I once did. Great stuff.

@SilleeMee 

i recently heard  andrew lessman say this about photoceramides. if i'm not being nosey, is his the one that you take?

Honored Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

i recently heard  andrew lessman say this about photoceramides. if i'm not being nosey, is his the one that you take?

@iwrite 

I don't take AL's phytoceramides. But it's where I started. I just couldn't afford to keep buying it so I switched brands.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

@iwrite 

I don't take AL's phytoceramides. But it's where I started. I just couldn't afford to keep buying it so I switched brands.

@SilleeMee 

thank you for responding to my question.  i really appreciate it. yes, i think the al line can be expensive, especially when a product doesn't have a tsv. i'm in no rush to have one more thing to do every day. i plan to watch the video on hsn, when i have the time to sit and pay attention. i don't plan to make a purchase any time soon, especially since my moisturizer works.