Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for eye cream to plump up the eye area

I recently bought M Asam Aqua Intense kit with eye cream, serum and face cream. I am loving this. I always want moisture around my eyes and so far this is the best that I have found. 

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar wrote:

I'm looking for an eye cream that fights wrinkles but also can help plump up the eye area,  if such a thing exists. I welcome your recommendations and thank you all in advance. 

@Glorimar  Creams can not plump the skin in the eye area. Retin A can tighten the under eye area somewhat because it helps builds collagen under the skin...over long term use.

There are no miracle creams...only false advertising. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,

Yup, you're right...no miracle creams. Just creams that offer good hydration to make the eye area look better and nothing more.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus,

Yup, you're right...no miracle creams. Just creams that offer good hydration to make the eye area look better and nothing more.

@SilleeMee  I think this is one of the most asked questions: cream to tighten, get rid of wrinkles, plump the skin, etc. My answer’s always the same, Retin A, moisturizer and SPF...no miracles.

Regular Contributor

I'm having amazing results with Genifique eye cream-I use it morning and night. A little goes a long way. HSN has great deals on it and often a Today's Special.

Esteemed Contributor

@Glorimar

I think I understand what you mean when you indicated "plump."  If a cream can "relax" and "fill in" creases or small wrinkles, this would qualify as minimal plumping, not plumping as we've seen some women seek for their lips.

The product I've used for years, which has accomplished this, and believe me my under eye areas are a challenge, is the Christian Dior eye cream that comes in a small tube.  It's rather expensive; however, one uses only a tiny dot on the fingertip to place under each eye, so a tube lasts longer than you'd think.

If, however, you are budget-constrained, Christian Dior will be out of the ballpark for you.

Good luck!

Valued Contributor

I have under eye hollows and no cream will actually “fill” them in. I do like Bobbi brown’s eye cream (not the “extra” one) for long lasting hydration under the eye that does not interfere with makeup. Honestly, the most impactful thing I did was get restalyne filler under my eyes. I will keep that in the budget for sure, per my derm results should last almost a year.