Regular Contributor

Re: Recommendations for body cream/lotion for alligator dry skin?

My legs used to get so dry and itchy and nothing helped until I found 2 products. One is Glytone Body Lotion (retexturize) which I use on my back and elbows, and the other is pure glycerin by Aura Cacia. The glycerin really helps my legs! I moisten the skin first after getting out of the shower, then rub the glycerin on my legs. After it soaks in for a bit, I put on my regular lotion. I'm sure your Caudalie would work over the glycerin. My legs never itch any more and I live in a real cold, dry climate with a dry house. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer Cerave...in the tub (richer) or in the pump lotion bottle. The best body moisturizer for the money....(drugstore).

Trusted Contributor

Thanks all for the recommendations. I do use a scrub to exfoliate periodically but I haven't been consistent with it. I may try some of the suggestions you all posted but wondering if any of you have ever tried any Shea Moisture body products? My hair loves the 10 in 1 Renewal Mask but so far that's the only product my fine, finicky, curly hair likes. Haven't tried any of their body products yet. With my skin, I've found that even heavy creams may not be hydrating enough so I think I need products that have hylauronic acid in them too.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

when I was going thru chemo, I got patches of alligator skin on the outside of my shins and as a last resort, I used good, old fashion Vaseline and in just a few days, noticed that it had begun to go way. Prob took  a week to get my skin looking better. Cheap and easy to find and buy.

Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

Thanks all for the recommendations. I do use a scrub to exfoliate periodically but I haven't been consistent with it. I may try some of the suggestions you all posted but wondering if any of you have ever tried any Shea Moisture body products? My hair loves the 10 in 1 Renewal Mask but so far that's the only product my fine, finicky, curly hair likes. Haven't tried any of their body products yet. With my skin, I've found that even heavy creams may not be hydrating enough so I think I need products that have hylauronic acid in them too.

I have tried Shea Mositure's body lotions and am not impressed by it. If you are looking for drugstore products, you can try Cetaphil creams or Trader Joe's Moisturizing Cream. I have good experience with both.  If you are looking for QVC or more high end product, I have good experience with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.

Valued Contributor

I like the St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter body lotion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't say enough about this lotion. Not only is it a great lotion, the price is exceptional for what you are getting here. And I have to say...I have been diagnosed with scleroderma (hard skin), so I can guarantee that I know a little about dry skin. This lotion for me has been a lifesaver:

2298315.jpg

Available at Walmart and Jet for less than $13 for 12-oz

Occasional Contributor

Bidy Cream:  Kiehl;s Creme de Corps.  Not cheap but good.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I can't say enough about this lotion. Not only is it a great lotion, the price is exceptional for what you are getting here. And I have to say...I have been diagnosed with scleroderma (hard skin), so I can guarantee that I know a little about dry skin. This lotion for me has been a lifesaver:

2298315.jpg

Available at Walmart and Jet for less than $13 for 12-oz

Great stuff indeed, @SilleeMee.  And it looks like the Walmart price is better than the company website.  Go figure.  I usually buy multiples when the website has their sales.

Esteemed Contributor

I have alligator skin with sensitivies and allergies. Here what works for me and has improved my skin.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It's a multi tasker and budget friendly. I use it all over including my hands and my feet.

Josie Marans Body Butter (Unscented( -  I love this stuff.  I use this after I shower. It really has made a big difference in my skin. It's my luxery to myself.

I use the combination of the two products because I have multiple issues. If I could only have one then I would start with the one that fits your budget the best.