Trusted Contributor

Recommendations for body cream/lotion for alligator dry skin?

Last year I said I loved Caudalie's Body cream but this year it just is not cutting it. Can anyone recommend a fabulous product for dryness & hydration? I did stop by CVS and sample Vichy's Ideal Body Milk after reading a review on MUA but I didn't like the scent and my skin didn't feel that moisturized. Thanks in advance! 

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recommendations for body cream/lotion for alligator dry skin?

I've been using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream this winter. It's fragrance free. I buy mine in at Costxx and it is half the price of retail drug stores. I read an article describing the difference between lotions and creams, so this was the first time I ever used a cream. Boy, what a difference! 

Respected Contributor

Cocoa butter.   Nothing better.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan  I really like Signature Club A's Argan Oil body lotion. It really helps with  my extremely dry skin,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@UMDTerpFan - I'd start with a salux cloth and exfoliate everything while in the shower.  Following your shower, while you're still a little moist and warm, apply Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion (formerly Silk Wrap Body Lotion).  Another good one is Skinn Body Extreme.  

Trusted Contributor

@Leeny....

Oh yes, I used all of mine up....to the last drop and want more but $42 for lotion is too much. I am holding out till she has the right kit with it in it. The Vit c lotion is really nice too!
Honored Contributor

Cerave. Start with the SA renewing body lotion and alternate it with the original body lotion or cream.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

If you exfolliate it helps just about any cream or lotion penetrate.  I use a sugar scrub a few times a week (all work the same).   I also found Paul Mitchell Tea Tree soap to be less drying.  Sally's has a knock off that is nearly as good.   I have gotten excellent results from Consult Beaute Champagne Beaute Lift Firming Body Creme.  I also like SKINN body butter. 

Respected Contributor

Cats common scents is a small farm and I just ordered the pack of 4 body lotions from them for 20.00.  I found a bottle that had rolled under my bed and wanted to just sit and rub it on it smelled so good.  My skin looks less crinkly after using it.  I am addicted to the vetiver grass.  I go in Bath and body and love the scents and get home and hate them. 

Respected Contributor

Hello, UMDTerpFan. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes Velvet Mesquite Hydrating Body Butter.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder