Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for body cream/lotion for alligator dry skin?

@UMDTerpFan.  I got back to using Neutrogena's Body Oil.  You apply it to wet/damp skin (after shower) and then towel dry.  If you skin is in really bad shape your dr. can write a prescription for you.  I have all kinds of body lotions because I love them.  I recently purchased Philosophy Vanilla Fig.  I also have Laura Mercier's body butter in Almond Coconut.  Even a drugstore lotion can be good (Burt's Bees has some good ones).  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I use 100% Shea Butter on every part of my body and I love it.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@UMDTerpFan

WEN  Nourishing Body Treatment has given me the most amazingly soft, smooth skin I've had since a teen.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I use Jergens Ultra Healing lotion.  It is inexpensive and does not have much of a fragrance.  I swim everyday, so I have to use a lot of lotion.  

I use Bag Balm on my feet at bedtime and then put socks on.  I also use Bag Balm on my hands last thing before I leave the house in the morning and then put on my gloves.  

Honored Contributor

Gold Bond Ultimate Healing with Aloe.

Honored Contributor

Aquaphor. WHAT A SHOCKER!

My hands are covered with Aquaphor every time I take care of my grand baby, and this is the first winter in decades that I don't have bleeding cracks on all my fingers.

I LOVE the stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

@UMDTerpFan, I break my suggestions down into two groups: drugstore and prestige.

Drugstore: CeraVe SA Renewing SA Cream (the SA stands for salicylic acid)

Gold Bond Bumpy Skin cream

Nivea (the original lotion in the dark blue bottle)

Prestige:    Perlier White Almond Body Cream

Perlier Honey Body cream

Perlier Shea Body Cream (comes in several scents, including unscented. All have the same amount of shea butter)

Josie Maran Argan Body Butter 

Esteemed Contributor

violann wrote:

Aquaphor. WHAT A SHOCKER!

My hands are covered with Aquaphor every time I take care of my grand baby, and this is the first winter in decades that I don't have bleeding cracks on all my fingers.

I LOVE the stuff!

@violann, My skin has been peeling like a snake (medical issue).  Although I love the products mentioned in my previous post, for this serious condition they are out of their element. One of my doctors recommended Aquaphor or CeraVe ointment.  I bought both and find the Aquaphor to be better.  It's really helped with the discomfort associated with the peeling. Woman Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

I use Eucerin Original Healing lotion on my legs and arms and use the cream on my face.  It's heavy but my skin is very dry so it absorbs without issue.....it is also the only product that doesn't sting/burn on my face and it doesn't leave my face feeling tight.   Eucerin has other products but I prefer the original healing formula over the advanced repair or intensive care formulas.