Regular Contributor

Recommendations for best eye brow powder and color for brunettes

[ Edited ]

Ladies, after trying eye brow pencils regular and ink, eye brow gel, pomades and powders I've decided I like powder the best. What is your favorite one and also, what is the best color to work with if you are a brunette? I'm leaning more towards maybe a taupe color (depending on the brand) as over time I've come to realize that even dark brown is a little too dark since I have dark brown hair with honey colored highlights. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for best eye brow powder and color for brunettes

[ Edited ]

Many years ago, I tried Joan Rivers Great Hair Day (bought on QVC) and the kit came with a bonus brow powder in the same shade (blonde for me).  I set it aside and forgot about it.  A year or so I came across it and gave it a try.  I don't do full makeup every day, but this is now my go to product for brows.  So little is needed that it still looks practically new.  Make sure you use the correct brush to apply - small, flat, tightly packed, and angled.  Following application, smooth with a spoolie or typical eyebrow brush.

Honored Contributor

I use a brow pencil from Benefit in #3 which is a light-ish brown. it's the only brow product I buy. Went to the brow bar at Macys for a color match. It can be light or use more pressure to darken up.

Esteemed Contributor

Some taupes can be too light, I found. If you hair is dark, you need a balance of that dark on your brows.

I use a combination of a powder for some depth...in Nyx in taupe (it comes in a duo -- taupe/ash). The Nyx taupe is quite dark. I apply this w/ an angled brush very lightly, applying on the skin more than anything.

And then Anastasia brow gel in dark brown over top (the one with a short mascara wand). That also applied very lightly, but applied only on the hairs.

I faltered with different brow methods (pencils & such even with my artiful application skills), but this really does look as natural as can be and lasts all day.

Trusted Contributor

The BrowGal Convertible Brow Compact - A358574This is the brow gals convertible color palette - can be used wet or dry and comes in three different color palettes. Fabulous product!  Her entire line is exclusively brows and is sold here on the Q.  EXTREMELY natural looking - I highly recommend!

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar wrote:

Ladies, after trying eye brow pencils regular and ink, eye brow gel, pomades and powders I've decided I like powder the best. What is your favorite one and also, what is the best color to work with if you are a brunette? I'm leaning more towards maybe a taupe color (depending on the brand) as over time I've come to realize that even dark brown is a little too dark since I have dark brown hair with honey colored highlights. 

@Glorimar   Taupe shadows work well, but you need to decide if you need a warm or cool tone one. After using a shadow, it’s a good idea to use a waterproof setting gel.

Honored Contributor

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder got high ratings on MakeupAlley and also on Amazon. Comes in 5 shades. $6

71Dq3FJyuGL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder got high ratings on MakeupAlley and also on Amazon. Comes in 5 shades. $6

71Dq3FJyuGL._AC_UL320_.jpg

@SilleeMee   Yes. I also saw it at CVS yesterday.

Valued Contributor

I love the IT brow powder,used only with the brush that comes with it.

Esteemed Contributor

It Brow Power pencil.It’s awesome!!