Honored Contributor

Re: ?Recommendations for an Electronic "Nail Drill?"

@MakeUpMaidn 

I would do more with my fingernails if it wasn't for some numb fingers that wrecked havoc on my fine motor skill dexterity.  That's why I've moved my attention to my toenails.  I can wear sandals here most of the year and I wear really pretty ones that you could almost refer to as jewelry for your feet (Yellow Box if you're interested). I've enjoyed the pedicures I've been getting for the last several months and my feet have never been smoother.  

Regular Contributor

@monicakm  @MakeUpMaidn   I'm going to leave this to you two. I remember wearing the shorter version of Lee Press On nails when I'd go to Las Vegas in the 80's. I'd only wear them part of the time and never did get to the point where the length didn't severely limit my ability to do pretty much anything. I can't even imagine having something dangling off the ends!

If I did decde to experiment, I'd use a full cover tip, using an adhesive tab rather than permanent gllue. Supposedly, the tabs have improved over the years. When the weather was hot, the tabs would soften and the nails would slide around on the nail. Ah, the good old days!

Honored Contributor

@juperier3 

Well I'm leaving it to @MakeUpMaidn lol

My nails are a comfortable length and if any

polish is applied, it's a clear one, maybe with 

some shimmer/sparkle.  I've turned my attention

to my toenails Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forum!

Respected Contributor

@juperier3 wrote:

@monicakm  @MakeUpMaidn   I'm going to leave this to you two. I remember wearing the shorter version of Lee Press On nails when I'd go to Las Vegas in the 80's. I'd only wear them part of the time and never did get to the point where the length didn't severely limit my ability to do pretty much anything. I can't even imagine having something dangling off the ends!

If I did decde to experiment, I'd use a full cover tip, using an adhesive tab rather than permanent gllue. Supposedly, the tabs have improved over the years. When the weather was hot, the tabs would soften and the nails would slide around on the nail. Ah, the good old days!

~~~~~~~~~

@juperier3 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Perusing Amaz's nail stuff, I see where "press on type nails" seem to be far, far more sophisticated & sturdy now. 

Additionally, I hear of other ppl, real life, using "Press On" type nails, sturdy as ever!  I've never used them, but my sister, who is "ANTI-Beauty anything," used the old "Press On Nails" just for her Wedding, 30 yrs ago. She was beautiful!!. & they stayed on, but i think she didnt use her nails at all, wanting the "perfect wedding."  heh

Thanks for the info, per usual,  @juperier3  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

I would do more with my fingernails if it wasn't for some numb fingers that wrecked havoc on my fine motor skill dexterity.  That's why I've moved my attention to my toenails.  I can wear sandals here most of the year and I wear really pretty ones that you could almost refer to as jewelry for your feet (Yellow Box if you're interested). I've enjoyed the pedicures I've been getting for the last several months and my feet have never been smoother.  

~~~~~~~~~~

@monicakm 

I'm sad to hear of your numb fingers.  Is it pain too?

Is there any danger of injury?  Is there anything they can do?

I know diabetics need to watch for neuropathy in their legs, esp for injuries, open wounds, swelling.

Regular Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn   I just realized that "press on" nails can imply a couple of different things, based on one's experience. I'm ;talking about the plastic nail tips that are attached to the nail plate with either nail glue or double-sided tape. Tha past few years, the main press I've seen has been regarding the tabs you buy that are basically a sheet of nail polish that can be attached to the nail, think contact paper for nails.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Yes there can be pain involved but not constant.  What gets me is how something that is NUMB can be so sensitive and hurt :/  As far as I know there is nothing that can reverse nerve damage like this.   And something else...you would think that knowing HOW to use  your fingers you've been using for 63 years wouldn't be a problem just because they're numb but you'd be wrong.  I can't put in my earrings unless they don't require a little back thingy.  My husband has to help with those.  I try not to buy anymore of those types.  I cut one of my "numb" fingers the other day.  It hurts worse Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

Aww.  I dont envy you,  & sad to hear this problem.

For cuts, like on your finger:

100% Australian Tea Tree Oil  (usually 1oz bottle)

(always use a Q-Tip, never use the dropper in the lid, cause you dont want to contaminate the Oil)

--->   POISONOUS TO ANIMALS!!  no for dogs, no for cats, etc

IMO, EVERY medicine cabinet should have this Oil.

It's an Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antiseptic. 

WONDERFUL STUFF.  Seems to "cure" cuts faster!

It's smelly, but doesnt hurt, at all, (like alcohol).  Some ppl think it smells "clean."  (not me, I'm spoiled by all our Beauty scents!).

Many times you'll see this oil added to shampoo, deodorant, not sure Mouthwash, but of course its diluted. etc

Straight out of the bottle, for the "boo boo" with Q-tip tho. You decide also protect with band-aid or not

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Thanks for the reminder!  I used to keep TTO in the house but it's been a few years.  I agree, everyone should have it on hand.  It's on my shopping list now Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@juperier3 

I'm so excited!!

I buy A LOT of my *discontinued*, "beloved for yrs" nail polish from Poland, and I see it's just "touched down" in NYC!  It's the Top Coat.  I'll see if she still has any of the one color I've been using for yrs!  She often does.

I think I've cleaned out all the reasonably priced same nail polish in USA, & UK 

And I DO NOT MIND buying, & repeat buying, from someone in Poland, esp as wonderful as Polish seem to have been, taking in an incredible abundance of all those Ukrainians, under their ugly, horrid war conditions!!