Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a sexy scent

If you want sexy and to allure a man Shalimar by Guerlain is the best.  It's lasting too.

They will follow you like a puppy.  Only purchase the Eau de parfum though.  Amazon, and other outlets sell knock-offs.

It's $135.00 for 3 oz.  There are no discounts. Stick With Bloomies, Neimans, Saks, etc to get the real thing.  A treat!

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  I agree with Obsession by Calvin Klein is a very sexy perfume. I use to wear it for years & out of all my perfumes got so many compliments from women & men. 

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@GlorimarI have always worn Guerlain's Shalimar. Many men have complimented me on my fragrance. It is a vanilla scent that does not turn off some men like florals can do.

@On It 

Although I have occasionally worn something else, Shalimar smells best on me.  People have also stopped me to ask what it was.   

One thing many people don't mention is that you can't just consider the various notes in a fragrance.  A big part of the equation is your own personal skin chemistry .... and how that fragrance smells on your skin after about 90 minutes have passed.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    You are right about the skin chemistry and how a fragrance smells on a woman.  I purchased a special edition purse size fragrance by Trish McEvoy with Gardenia.  I did not like it at all.  I gave it away.  However, No. 9 and Sexy 9 smell wonderful on me.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

If there is a Heaven (and I hope there is), I know it must smell like Opium. I know some women can’t wear it, but it works with my body chemistry. I have a lot of favorites, but Opium will always be #1, sexy and elegant.
Valued Contributor

Cleopatra by Tocca

Femme Fatale by Vicky Tiel

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Obsession. Oldie but goodie.  I always feel so womanly when I wear it. And I apply it by doing a spray walk-through. Too strong if sprayed directly onto skin. 

There is a big cat sanctuary I go to, and Obsession is high on their donation request list. They can never get enough. They say it is the cat's favorite scent and use it for their enrichment. 

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Obsession. Oldie but goodie.  I always feel so womanly when I wear it. And I apply it by doing a spray walk-through. Too strong if sprayed directly onto skin. 

There is a big cat sanctuary I go to, and Obsession is high on their donation request list. They can never get enough. They say it is the cat's favorite scent and use it for their enrichment. 

@MG Chris   @fairydogmother 

Wow, that's unusual  ....  and totally believeable, based on my own personal experience.  Woman Surprised

Valued Contributor

Fragrance really depends on body chemistry but on me I’ve gotten more unsolicited compliments when wearing la vie est belle or flowerbomb. I recently purchased Mon Guerlain, it’s a bit more unique than LVEB or FB but seems to have a similar base. haven’t worn mon guerlain in public yet so I don’t know about the reaction, but I like it once it settles. Not as long lasting as LVEB though.
Valued Contributor

@MG Chris I used to wear obsession back in the day and I think I have a vintage bottle squirreled away - will have to see if my little cat likes it!