Super Contributor

Recommendations for a new hair dryer...

It seems that my T3 is not long for this world. It sounds very rickety and is overheating quickly. I got a good 4 years out of it - maybe 5 - so I can't complain. I will need to find a replacement and was hoping that some of you might have a good recommendation. It doesn't have to be a high-end dryer. In fact, I would prefer not to spend over $50. (Maybe something that I could even find at WMart) Thanking you in advance. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a new hair dryer...

Hi benzgirl. I have a CHI that I've had for several years. I can't remember when I bought it but I like it, and it was a bit pricey, I think with tax it was around $200. I bought it because I loved the way my hairstylist's CHI dryer dried my hair so quickly and how it looked after she dried it. I'm not sure I'd replace it with another one that pricey. It does a good job but I'm not sure it's better than anything else out there.

Honored Contributor

I need an inexpensive dryer too, just to have on-hand in case the pipes freeze.

Super Contributor

Benz, here is a website with a review of the "top" dryers.

http://hair-dryers-review.toptenreviews.com/

There is also a Good Housekeeping review with dryers getting "grades".

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/beauty-products/hair-dryers/

Valued Contributor

Just purchased from Amazon last week a new dryer that gets rave reviews from both consumers and hair stylists: Rusk W8less Professional Lightweight Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer. In fact, the Aveda salon I go to uses this same dryer. It's lightweight, does not have a miles long, heavy cord like some pro brands do, and has 7 settings so one doesn't have to fry one's hair with intense heat. The warm and cool settings are perfect and really help keep hair from frizzing. Thus far, I love it for daily use.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. After using my T3 for the last time this morning (sniff sniff) I decided I should pitch it. It was getting so hot that I was afraid that it might actually catch fire in my hands. Fortunately I have a small travel dryer that I can use for the next couple of days while I decide which dryer to purchase. AspenGrove...that Rusk looks pretty nice. Thanks for the recommendation. I will read the reviews. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I like my Babyliss.
Respected Contributor

oops, Sorry folks for all that mumbo jumbo above...I thought it would copy and paste but I was wrong. Anyway it's called Tourmaline Tools Lite 1043 by Hot Tools Professional 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ionic Professional Hair Dryer and it cost $50.99.

Respected Contributor

...uh....My 'mumbo jumbo' went away...whew...bad computer day for me

Respected Contributor

Check out the blow thread. There are great, inexpensive brands that will suite anyone.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/493726/postid/10330627/re-t-3-drybar-or.aspx#103...