Regular Contributor

Recommendations for a heated curling brush

I have long, thick hair that I want to curl. I cannot figure out how to correctly use a curling iron and so I want to get a heated curling brush that yuou use on dry hair as that will be easy to use. I tried one called Brush 30/40 I saw advertised on Facebook and it did nothing for my hair. I'm not talking about a brush that is a blow dryer like the Revlon one.  I'm wondering if there's a heated curling brush that you ladies can recommend so I can try something different? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a heated curling brush

YES!  I just bought another one  of these:

Conair Instant Heat Styling Brush, 1 1/4-Inch
Size:1.25 Inch (Pack of 1)

Couldn't get the image to load, but it is on Amazon, comes in different sizes and works awesomely! $20  ok here it is!

image.png

Honored Contributor

Hi Lioness!!! So glad to hear from you! Woman Happy

I have been using the curling brush from the brand CHI--was pricey and it is way bigger diameter than the length of my hair but it sure works good. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the Conair and it was not good. I have thick hair and the Calista Fauxblo is better.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Conair Heat Styling Brush that @HerRoyaLioness showed.  I bought from Ebay awhile back. However, I don't have long thick hair so not sure how it would work for you, but I love it for my hair

Honored Contributor

I purchased a Calista heated styling brush here last year.  I don't need to curl my hair but on days that I'm not washing & drying, I would like to make my bob go smoothly under rather than sticking out in different directions. 

I got one with a 1 1/2" barrel.  They come in different sizes (for different kinds of curls) and I like that you can't burn yourself with it like I have with my flat iron.

Honored Contributor

@89135 wrote:

I have the Conair Heat Styling Brush that @HerRoyaLioness showed.  I bought from Ebay awhile back. However, I don't have long thick hair so not sure how it would work for you, but I love it for my hair

I have fairly thick hair and it works for me. I really found it better than some of the more expensive heated brushes I had tried.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry I don't have a recommendation.  But there's a Calista TSV tomorrow, so it may be something that will help.

It's A615072 (Choice of sizes in the brush)

Calista Perfecter Pro Heated Round Brush with GoGo Mini Tool

product thumbnail

Frequent Contributor

I love the Stylus Thermal Heated Brush by FHI. I have used one for about 10 years and it is a game-changer for me. I have shortish, fne hair which is different from yours, but you might want to give it a try.