Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a good anti frizz product?

[ Edited ]
Shea moisture 10 in 1 line tames my grey hair strays. Right now Walgreens bcommentsogo 2 & 3 one is free. Very impressed with this brand. Doesn't weigh my hair down and combats Florida weather. Do agree with comments staying away from cones and moisture you wouldn't think moisture makes a difference however a least with my hair made all the difference. Shea Moisture has been around 125 years.
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I don't know if this will work for you but here is my take.  I have very long hair -- almost down to my butt.  It is wavy and wants to frizz like crazy.  

I was buying every shampoo, conditioner, serum. etc. that said it helped frizz that I could find.  Nothing helped and in fact, I think they seemed to dry out my hair and actually make it look more frizzy!

I decided to try a different tactic.  I now look for shampoos and conditioners which tout "more moisture".  These have made a big difference in my hair.  I just use ones from the drugstore.  Not expensive.  Maybe this will work for you.  

The moisture ones make my hair MORE frizzy, lol.  I go for the repair shampoos and conditioners due to the frizz, for me, with moisture shampoos.  Nothing works on my hair in the summer in Indiana.  My hair is back a lot.  The fall/winter--my hair looks good and hold a curl.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've recently started using DevaCurl styling products. I had shied away from them for years because they contained silicone. But no longer -- they have new ant-silicone formulas.

I had the Set It Free product that @ChynnaBlue mentioned, but I use it very sparingly and usually to refresh curls and reduce frizz on the second or third day.

But I am in love with DevaCurl's Styling Cream and Ultra Defining Gel. With these two products, I have much less frizz.

I like that these styling products produce results but do not make my hair feel dry or crisp.

I think that's the best use for Set it Free, on second or third day hair. I thought it was very effective for that.

Thanks for the review of the new DevaCurl products, @suzyQ3. I have the Styling Cream and Ultra Defining Gel on my list. Ouidad recently redid her Climate Control Line and I'm going to try out the new Climate Control Gel, too.

On most days, I prefer creams but sometimes I really need a gel is more effective in humidity.

Honored Contributor

@BarbaraKa wrote:

I agree with Chynna Blue and CurlKeeper! I put it on in the shower after I wash and condition. Let hair dry for about 10-15 minutes without touching it. Then I diffuse to give lift to my hair at the roots. No frizz and I live in DC where there's high humidity. Good luck!

Yes, I keep my bottle in my shower and apply to soaking wet hair right after my leave-in and before my styling cream, then blot dry with an old t-shirt.

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@BarbaraKa wrote:

I agree with Chynna Blue and CurlKeeper! I put it on in the shower after I wash and condition. Let hair dry for about 10-15 minutes without touching it. Then I diffuse to give lift to my hair at the roots. No frizz and I live in DC where there's high humidity. Good luck!

Another vote for Curl Keeper.  There are some good videos on how to use it it you Google.  I buy a huge bottle from Amazon.

I do the same, @mstyrion 1! I never thought I'd be buying a hair styling product by the litre, but there it is! I even used Amazon to send an 8oz bottle to my parents house to use when I stay there because I can't be without it.

Totally weird side note: If you ever DO run out, it turns out that KY/personal lubricant has almost the exact same ingredients, but the Curl Keeper has some additional hair gel "hold" ingredient. Since Curl Keeper isn't available locally, you can buy a generic lubricant from the drugstore to get the frizz control and then add some hair gel for hold and there you go.

Here's a video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDpRoYC-vd4

Honored Contributor

I "swear by" John Frieda's Frizz Ease products ... I use many of them and have even bought them for friends to try.

The Dream Curls line has several different products. 

Respected Contributor

have tried it all.   nothing really works on my hair . any humidity in the air and my hair poofs out . rain and HHH weather forget it.  my hair is long, wavy and floofy. i do suspect coloring adds to the frizz because it has been lightned and extremely porous which easily draws moisture into the hair shaft.   sometimes i use Phytodefrisant, a botanical leave in and straightening serum.  not a cream, it is thin and runny .  it works better with heat tools .  

Respected Contributor

Moroccan Oil products. Sold at Nordstrom. When I'm frizzy I rub a bit of oil on my hands and smooth thru my dry hair, ears down. Smell is awesome too 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@BarbaraKa wrote:

Another vote for Curl Keeper.  There are some good videos on how to use it it you Google.  I buy a huge bottle from Amazon.

I do the same, @mstyrion 1! I never thought I'd be buying a hair styling product by the litre, but there it is! I even used Amazon to send an 8oz bottle to my parents house to use when I stay there because I can't be without it.

Totally weird side note: If you ever DO run out, it turns out that KY/personal lubricant has almost the exact same ingredients, but the Curl Keeper has some additional hair gel "hold" ingredient. Since Curl Keeper isn't available locally, you can buy a generic lubricant from the drugstore to get the frizz control and then add some hair gel for hold and there you go.

Here's a video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDpRoYC-vd4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info on the "KY Connection" @ChynnaBlue.

Do they sell KY by the litre?   Kidding!    Woman Very Happy

Hello, Walgreens?  Do you have KY in the litre size?   Woman LOL

~Enough is enough~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

AVEDA Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil

Product Details

This stuff is AMAZING!!!  I have long hair and I only use 4-5 drops.  A bottle, while not inexpensive, lasts a very long time.  I put 4-5 drops in my palm, rub my hands together then apply it to wet, combed hair after my shower.  I start mid-shaft and squeeze the ends in particular for several swipes before I run my fingers through from the scalp down.  You can see it on your hands and you'll know when it's all been distributed.  Smells kind of like a spa treatment.  The best part - once my hair is dry, I can curl it and that curl lasts ALL day without hairspray - no frizz, only soft curls.  It also doesn't weigh the hair down, or leave it feeling greasy or sticky - just soft & shiny. I HIGHLY recommend it!

I have the WEN oil too, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Aveda.  If you are worried about animal testing, Aveda is endorsed by PETA.