Honored Contributor

Recommendations for a Waterline Eye Pencil?

[ Edited ]

I watched a YT video that has inspired me to line my upper eyelid waterline to make my mascara look more dramatic.  I have no idea why; only my puppy sees me...LOL!  The one I used this morning (MAC Technakohl) crept down to my lower lid water line a bit and required clean-up during the day.

For those of you who do this technique, any suggestions for another pencil to try, or tips for making my MAC pencil work better?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a Waterline Eye Pencil?

Belle

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife I like that look and really think it makes a difference but I've never been able to get it right, no matter what pencil I have tried - even ones that were supposed to be good for the water line. On me, the color just doesn't hold onto the water line and my eyes end up watering. I gave up a really long time ago!

I'll be curious to read the replies. Hope you find something that works for you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thats Me 

That is what happened with me today.  I may just need to use my Tightline brush & dip it into powder & line my upper lid.  I've had success with that.  Those YT'ers...they make everything look so easy!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife   I like that look because a lot of times, I don't wear mascara so I will line my upper waterline.  If I want a little more, I also do it when I wear mascara.  I have been using the Mally starlight pencils for a while as well as Butter London.  Both brands make a great line on the eye, but unfortunately neither lasts on me. It doesn't migrate, it just disappears.  I have very little makeup, so those are the only two liners I am using.  

I would love to find something that actually stays that isn't ridiculously priced.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, do you think a product exists that lasts all day that you put on your waterline, top or bottom? I think some brands are better than others but I've never found anything that stays put for 12 or even 8 hours. When I think about it I'll tight line but I also flick the pencil up in between my lash base for added thickness.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife   The only waterline pencil I've used for many years personally and professionally is Urban Decay 24/7. It comes in many colors, too.

A tip to make it the mascara/lashes look thicker, if you want to "double tightline" is to apply the pencil in the waterline and also wiggle it between the root of the lashes holding the pencil downwatd to get down to the lash line. Then smudge with a small stiff brush.

You'll love the look. ***Gel liner works well, too and so does the gel liner pens that are waterproof.  

I'm sure your pup appreciates the effort. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Ladies, do you think a product exists that lasts all day that you put on your waterline, top or bottom? I think some brands are better than others but I've never found anything that stays put for 12 or even 8 hours. When I think about it I'll tight line but I also flick the pencil up in between my lash base for added thickness.   

@monicakm 

It absolutely does exist for me.

I use Urban Decay Waterline Eyeliner pencil in color Legend and it lasts until I take it off 8-10 hrs later.

24/7 Waterline Eyeliner Pencil

I don't have watery, oily etc eyes.

Everyone's eyes are different however, this product does stay put...on me anyways.

Honored Contributor

I use Laura Geller's INKcredible eyeliner - NOT the kohl liner.  It's my go to in her gray color.  Don't have issues of it going creeping down, even if my eyes get a bit watery because of allergies.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife , I was fan of Urban Decay until they jacked up prices...I took a chance based on reviews and purchased 2 NYX eye pencils...there Sooooo good!  No problem,  stays on waterline.  No accumulation in corners.  I have a Laura's Geller plum pencil that does nothing...won't even go on!  That will be replaced by NYX in a deep plum shade.  I ordered these from Amazon...I can buy 4-5. ..for the price of one Urban decay.   I used to use Mac too...no more.