Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a Good Brow Product

I like using a stencil. Adrian Arpel had a kit with it and brow powder. I wore out the stencil and just went online and bought a selection of three. I''ve been using an eye shadow kids from Serious Skin Care that has shades of browns. I have a small fluffy brush and a tiny stiff brush. I do the whole thing in a minute.
Super Contributor

I like using a stencil. Adrian Arpel had a kit with it and brow powder. I wore out the stencil and just went online and bought a selection of three. I''ve been using an eye shadow kids from Serious Skin Care that has shades of browns. I have a small fluffy brush and a tiny stiff brush. I do the whole thing in a minute.
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

I love the Smashbox brow tech too. Used it for years. I was having a hard time finding my shade along with the wax so I started looking around. I found NYX at Target and really like it. There are 2 shades in each container along with a little brush. I use my Smashbox brush and find it really works nice. It includes the shaping wax too too. I think it was only around $6 or so, not sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm done with YBF so I am looking for one too. I used my last Models Prefer & had to buy the YBF. It broke several times and is very waxy. It doesn't apply like the MP. Think I'll look for the Maybelline one.

Trusted Contributor

Anatasia sells a kit with the stencils in it if you have a need for them. It comes complete with everything you need ....... powder, wax, brush, stencils, highlighter and I think even tweezers (one of the kits includes tweezers anyway)

Ulta, Sephora and Nordstrom's all carry Anatasia's full line-up though finding everything in stock can sometimes be an issue. Nordstrom's ships and returns for free too. You can also check her own site out just to see all the products. Lots of variety.

I never had luck with regular eye shadows lasting on my brows. I have tried it with various brands but they wore off too quickly.

It is really amazing how many brow products there are to choose from today, isn't it? It gets almost confusing over what to try next {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2014 PinkSugar said:

I'm done with YBF so I am looking for one too. I used my last Models Prefer & had to buy the YBF. It broke several times and is very waxy. It doesn't apply like the MP. Think I'll look for the Maybelline one.

I used the Models Prefer for years when it was on QVC. I bought the YBF pencils last year and they are not the same. Broke quickly and ran out of product quickly. Won't buy again.

Trusted Contributor

I recently bought Trish McEvoy's Precision Brow Shaper in Natural and I love it! I allows me to control the depth of color and shape of my brow and looks totally natural. Prior to using this, I used Malley's Brow Beauty Instant Brow Wand or Tarte's Emphaseyes Amazonian Clay Brow mousse but really love Trish McEvoy's brow shaper now. I'm a brunette and the natural color is dark enough for me. Before I found Mally & Tarte's products I didn't use anything because nothing looked natural on me. So thankful these brands make brow products that look natural and not some dark, harsh line that looks like someone took a magic marker to my brows Smiley Happy.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Contributor

In answer to the poster who is looking for a mascara type wand, Anastasia makes a tinted brow gel which is excellent. Comes in about 5 tints.

Contributor

Anastasia everything for me, because I need ashy colors. Reddish based ones look awful on me. The old Maybelline skinny green plastic pencil one with the stupid comb on the end is actually my fave drugstore one because they have lots of colors and they are skinny. Hate the comb part, but the colors are solid and love the skinny applicator. Tarte brow mousse lasts FOREVER. The Smashbox brush is HG no matter what tiy use to blend and refine. I have two and I would get SUPER mean if someone tried to filch one!

GL