Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a Foundation Stick

@queendiva wrote:

If you can get your color, I am loving the Kristofer Buckle foundation stick. Very creamy, easy application, great coverage and no yellow, which is hard to find for my fair complexion. Looks natural, only better: no heavy, mask- like look or feel.

another vote for the kristopher buckle stick.  the kit if they have your color is a steal. i would get another if they had mine. love, love it. i have mature skin

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
  •  

@kittyloo wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

If you can get your color, I am loving the Kristofer Buckle foundation stick. Very creamy, easy application, great coverage and no yellow, which is hard to find for my fair complexion. Looks natural, only better: no heavy, mask- like look or feel.

another vote for the kristopher buckle stick.  the kit if they have your color is a steal. i would get another if they had mine. love, love it. i have mature skin

@AngelPuppy1

I totally agree with both @queendiva@momoftwo2007 and @kittyloo's Kristofer Buckle recommendation. The stick foundation is fabulous. I've been using this since his debut. I find the finish to be an extremely natural, very skin like with an ever so slight satiny healthy look, ie not matte. Very easy application which I personally finish off with a beauty blender sponge. A brush works well too or fingers if that's your preference. If you view the video of the kit, his 70 ++ year old Mom is a featured model. Her fab before and after pics say it all and more. Do look. A299073.

I am in my mid 60's and have friends and family in the same age arena, plus and minus, who use and love KB's foundation and other products. I personally use his medium neutral shade as have light to light-medium coloring. I've used his medium cool shade successfully too. I'd recently gifted kits and the recipients were thrilled. There is a single available in light warm which has a slight yellow undertone. I know his inventory is dwindling, the prices are extremely attractive now as he will no longer be on the  Q. The additional items in the kit are a great of great value and quality too. Love his lipstick! You can make future purchases on his dot com site.

Just an fyi. I get the same results, ease of application and gorgeous skin like finish with Eve Pearl's 60/40 Dual Finish Compact Foundation. Identical on me. I know you've inquired about a stick configuration but wanted to share this with you too as both KB and EP fit the parameters you stated in your OP.

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS: Yes to Eve Pearl, too.

My favorite items of hers are the dual salmon concealer, triple blush, highly pigmented shadows and her brushes.

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva 

Have you tried Eve's Face Therapy Foundation in the black airless pot? Whoa! An absolutely awesome full coverage treat! I seriously love this for those days I want more, yet I've both sheered it down and mixed it with my moisturizer with A+ results. All giving a beautiful natural and healthy looking finish. No creeping into fine lines either. T♡tally yummy! A little goes a long way. (Same to be said about Kristofer's foundation. Use a light hand with both for perfect results) Haven't tried Eve's eyeshadow yet but use most everything else of hers. I just ordered KB's eyeshadow pallette last week. Some great reviews.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Hourglass Vanish.  It is perfection.

Valued Contributor

I picked up the Kristofer Buckle kit with the triplicity stick and I can say I’m impressed with the stick. It’s more of a satin matte finish vs a dewier finish,it’s lasted all day and I really did not need a primer and it did blur pores and fine lines. I prefer it to teint idole and Bobbi Brown’s sticks, although I may prefer the more hydrating BB if I get dry this winter, or if I travel up north.
Honored Contributor

Thnk you so much!  Some very nice choices!  I appreciate your posts and information! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the thread @AngelPuppy1. Like yourself I was looking for a stick foundation. I purchased yesterday the Teint Idole from Lancome and it is just perfect. Does not stick in pores and the very fair shade 110 IvoireP matched perfectly..

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I won't use anything else. I'm in your same age range and this product works for me. It looks like my skin but better. It lasts, doesn't run, cake, etc. Hope you have the same results as I do.

Honored Contributor

I tried to get the Kristopher Buckel kit on the Q which it is my understanding he will no longer be here? -- but there were no shades left in the foundation stick that I could use --- and it was such a great price!  Dang it!!! 

Those who use the Lancome or the Bobbi Brown one --- do you have to use any type of powder over it?  I am trying to get away from using much powder because it seems to accentuate lines and makes my skin look dryer.  However, I cannot stand my skin to look shiny. And when I use most foundations, if I don't use some type of powder, the foundation does not last and rubs off.  

Thanks all for the posts and recommendations! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin