Honored Contributor

Recommendations for a Foundation Stick

I would like to try a foundation stick.  I need one that has no fragrance and that has good coverage and not drying.  I have mature skin so need something that hopefully won't accentuate fine lines. I don't think I want a totally matte finish --- as I don't want to look really dry.  I'd like a finish that looks not shiny and not matte, if there is such a thing??  Also, I'd prefer to not have to wear a powder on top if possible.

Thanks!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a Foundation Stick

Teinte Idole from Lancôme is the best foundation stick I ever bought, and I’ve bought plenty in my 72 years. It’s silky smooth and comes in many, many shades. I don’t have a store near me that sells Lancôme products but I called their customer service department and the person on the phone helped me choose the right foundation color. It worked!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lancome's  stick Foundation-only one in the Lancome line. Beautiful satin finish that is kind to mature faces, good coverage, MANY shades-even for my pink toned, hard to match skin. Smoother and glides on easier than Bobbi Brown's.

'

I'm 310C- Bisque-perfect match, even along my jawline.

Respected Contributor

Another recommendation for Lancôme. I tried Cliniques foundation stick, but it’s too drying.

Super Contributor

Try SCA foundation stick over on HSN. Been using for 15 years. A little goes a long way. Good coverage. I also use the stick blush. Nice color. Have fun

Respected Contributor

You can try the Kristofer Buckle kit which includes the foundation stick A299073.  I have not tried it, but the price is great right now to try.

I have tried the Clinique Foundation Stick, and found that I like using it as a concealer rather than all over foundation. Another foundation stick that I tried and loved is the Shiseido foundation stick.  But it is very pricey, and I am trying to spend less on makeup.  

Esteemed Contributor

If you can get your color, I am loving the Kristofer Buckle foundation stick. Very creamy, easy application, great coverage and no yellow, which is hard to find for my fair complexion. Looks natural, only better: no heavy, mask- like look or feel.

Respected Contributor

Lancome, hands down, perfect for my 72-year-old skin, and you can use it where you need it, blend it out and you get superior results that last all day.  

Respected Contributor

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation Stick or Makeup Forever HD Foundation Stick. Neither of these are matte. My skin is dry and I have found these to work the best for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can’t imagine changing from my Bobbi Brown Stick after more than 20 yrs. The shade range is amazing and have it in my pro kit, too for that reason. The finish is smooth, flawless, lightweight and buildable. It can even be used as concealer and cream bronzer (in deeper shade). 

***One thing to watch for in any foundations w/ SPF.....”flash back” in photos or selfies. BB Stick has no spf...use one underneath. It’s perfect when I do brides or girls for prom. Lots of pics!!