Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a Foundation Stick

I use the Lancome stick foundation at times, (Teint Idole) and nope, you do not need powder over it.  It leaves a beautiful finish, very velvety and smooth.  It's great for fast application when you need that, just swipe here and there and smooth out, even with fingers it works.  Lasts well too, without powder.

With Bobbi Brown stick foundation I do usually add some powder like Mineral Veil over it, but honestly, it's not necessary at all.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolorand @islandgrrl , I am planning to pick up the Hourglass tomorrow so check on here to see if anybody had tried it.  I am older.  Do you think it is targeted towards young skin?

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom 

Definitely not solely targeting younger skin. It blends flawlessly. 

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Those who use the Lancome or the Bobbi Brown one --- do you have to use any type of powder over it?  

I use the Lancome stick and have never needed any powder or anything else over it. I barely use any -- tiny swipe on a couple parts of my face. It blends beautifully into my skin and never leaves a shine. Stays on all day and never accentuates pores or lines, either, the way other stick foundations do on my skin. I also found that many other stick foundations were yellow-based (like Bobbi Brown's) and since I have a cool/neutral undertone, they looked awful on me.  Lancome gets it, though, and makes sticks for every undertone.  

Super Contributor

For those of you who use the Lancoem stick, do you also use the liquid version of this? I have the liquid and would like to try the stick and would like to know if I should stay with the same color

Respected Contributor

@scullychick 

I use both the Lancome liquid Teinte Idole and the foundation stick, both in the same shade, 110 Ivoire C, perfect match for my fair cool toned skin.  I don't use them together but could use a light base of the liquid and a spot of the stick where extra is needed.  You end up with a perfect looking face and no heaviness at all.

I mostly use the Teinte Miracle foundation (dewy finish) and a touch of the stick foundation here and there, blended together, works great for me.  Fast and easy too, and no yellow but it takes care of any redness perfectly.

Frequent Contributor

I just tried the new Bare Minerals stick foundation. It goes on so nicely and gives great coverage. So light on skin doesn't feel greasy. I've used in the past Bobbi Brown's stick that I found greasy. I have dry, mature skin. Very happy give it a 5 star rating.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tricolorand @islandgrrl , I am planning to pick up the Hourglass tomorrow so check on here to see if anybody had tried it.  I am older.  Do you think it is targeted towards young skin?

I am older too. I am 69 so I don't think it's necessarily for older skin.

Super Contributor

@author Thank you very much for your thoughts on this!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much, @islandgrrl and @Tricolor .  I ordered some today.