Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendations for “Snail Snot”

[ Edited ]

Maybe someone who uses IT CC Cream can share what benefits they've experienced from using it, aside from the coverage. It contains snail snot/mucus/slime/goo. It's listed in the ingredients as snail secretion filtrate.

Honored Contributor

What????

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina 

I didn't realize it was an ingredient in IT CC Cream.  Maybe that's why it didn't feel drying on my skin when I wore it.  I don't have any now, but I do recall it being a hydrating foundation.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just pick your own nose and smear your face with it?

Waaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the original was called Caracol Cream  You can find it on amazon. and ebay. 

The technical name for this ingredient is Snail Secretion Filtrate.  

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina 

1. I wondered if anyone was going to mention this. I know a lot of people here use IT CC cream and I pointed out several months ago when this topic came up that it was in that product as well 😂. There are many daily products that we all use that contain ingredients we would find disgusting.  Unless you buy vegan, your lipstick could have horse fat in it or donkey parts.  Snails are.harmed in any way shape or form for their secretion. In fact from what I've learned snails will not secrete their slime if unhappy.  So they are kept fat and happy in a dark cool environment on a mesh screen while they're secretion drips below for collection.  I use lots of hydrating products. Snail snot is just one of them.