Frequent Contributor

Recommendations for Hair Gel that isn't watery

Can anyone suggest a gel that is not too watery and that is thicker and holds hairstyle better? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Hair Gel that isn't watery

@Mayflowers The issue is that there are SO many options out there, right? Generally speaking, one can usually find a good hair gel formulation in the Paul Mitchell line. I like their spray gel, but they make firmer gels, too. For drugstore options, I think a lot of people like gels from L'Oreal (studio line, for example!e). I have always found that I have to buy and try hair products to actually know if they will work for me.

Honored Contributor

I haven't used hair gel in quite awhile but recently got a sample from Walmarat  of Got2Be hair gel.  I've used it once.  It worked to make my hair more "piecey".  It come out of the tube like a paste.

göt2b Glued Spiking Glue

Respected Contributor

@Mayflowers I've been using Tresemme gels for awhile and like them a lot. There are different "levels" depending on what you want it to do. I use one that is supposed to be for "spikey" do's, but it works very well to help smooth and hold my layered bob.

Honored Contributor

@Mayflowers   Crazy, but men's gels seem to have more hold and thicker. Check drugstores.

Super Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I haven't used hair gel in quite awhile but recently got a sample from Walmarat  of Got2Be hair gel.  I've used it once.  It worked to make my hair more "piecey".  It come out of the tube like a paste.

göt2b Glued Spiking Glue

GLUE!  That would scare me.  Guess this is for very short hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mayflowers   Sexy Hair Style Hard Up at Amazon for $28 and also try Paul Mitchell  and Aquage.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Paul Mitchell Super Clean Firm Sculpting Gel.

Super Contributor

L.A. Looks comes in various 'holds' and is everywhere in grocery, drug stores and WM, etc. used it for years. cheap and it works. 

Super Contributor

excellent for short hair, but more of a paste than a true gel. good product, used for years when i had a short pixie cut.