I'm 60, and I rotate these peels:

1) AmorePacific Enzyme Peel

2) La Prairie 3-Minute Peel

3) REN Glycol Lactic Peel

4) Trish McEvoy "Correct and Brighten" Weekly Peel Pads

How often do you peel, expatgal?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations For A Good Peel

I use quite a few different peels, but not too often. I use Dr. Gross' peel pads w/retinol, Clarins soft orange peel, and Skinn Microdermabrasion (once in a while). I also use Clarisonic Plus which is a great exfoliator. I can tell when I "need" it from looking and feeling. My nose seems to need more exfoliating, and I many times just peel the nose.

Respected Contributor

On 8/17/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've been using Cure Natural Aqua Gel for quite some time. It's super gentle and I've had no complaints. However, I recently was curious to try Missha's Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling. OMG, I like that even better than the Cure. It's a thickened gel consistency. You put it on your face and wait for it to go to work. It will begin to bubble, like hydrogen peroxide does on a scraped knee,. When the bubbling action is over, you gently massage your face in little circles and all the dead skin balls up. Rinse or wipe with a warm (not hot) washcloth. I'm so impressed with this product that I'm going to order more so I don't run out. And it's so effective that I'm seriously thinking about discontinuing my regular morning enzyme powder, or at least cut it back so I'm not doing it daily. You can find the Super Aqua product on the Missha website, but also check Amazon and eBay.

I second these. Along with PC BHA, these are super gentle, great for aging skin and prevent too much pulling and tugging on skin that thins as we get older. I bought samples of the Cure on ebay for about $5 and purchased the Missha's Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peel from Amazon for around $18 with prime shipping. I'll get it Monday....What a great way to start the week! I like the cure but Missha's is less expensive and I like the idea of the oxygen lifting gunk out of my pores, especially my nose. I got some other Korean beauty products, THANKS JLF, and have tried those as well. The Peach Sake Pore Serum is just great. I don't use a toner in the morning but use PC's Antioxidant Serum and have added the Peach Sake Pore Serum to it on my nose and T-Zone. My make up is nice and matte for all day shine freeness. I can get the Peach Sake on ebay for around $13 with free shipping, but from Korea it takes a few weeks. I can get it on Amazon with prime shipping for $17, so it is just a matter of how fast I want to get it.

Try the Missha. I think you will like it on your skin as peels like this work well on eczema and sensitive skin.

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 tigriss said:

I've been using Cure Natural Aqua Gel for quite some time. It's super gentle and I've had no complaints. However, I recently was curious to try Missha's Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling. OMG, I like that even better than the Cure. It's a thickened gel consistency. You put it on your face and wait for it to go to work. It will begin to bubble, like hydrogen peroxide does on a scraped knee,. When the bubbling action is over, you gently massage your face in little circles and all the dead skin balls up. Rinse or wipe with a warm (not hot) washcloth. I'm so impressed with this product that I'm going to order more so I don't run out. And it's so effective that I'm seriously thinking about discontinuing my regular morning enzyme powder, or at least cut it back so I'm not doing it daily. You can find the Super Aqua product on the Missha website, but also check Amazon and eBay.

I second these. Along with PC BHA, these are super gentle, great for aging skin and prevent too much pulling and tugging on skin that thins as we get older. I bought samples of the Cure on ebay for about $5 and purchased the Missha's Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peel from Amazon for around $18 with prime shipping. I'll get it Monday....What a great way to start the week! I like the cure but Missha's is less expensive and I like the idea of the oxygen lifting gunk out of my pores, especially my nose. I got some other Korean beauty products, THANKS JLF, and have tried those as well. The Peach Sake Pore Serum is just great. I don't use a toner in the morning but use PC's Antioxidant Serum and have added the Peach Sake Pore Serum to it on my nose and T-Zone. My make up is nice and matte for all day shine freeness. I can get the Peach Sake on ebay for around $13 with free shipping, but from Korea it takes a few weeks. I can get it on Amazon with prime shipping for $17, so it is just a matter of how fast I want to get it.

Try the Missha. I think you will like it on your skin as peels like this work well on eczema and sensitive skin.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

ASDM has several peels of varying strengths. I'm 60 and can't believe the difference in my skin in just 5 weeks. I have sensitive skin and use the 25% lactic acid peel once a week. They are very well priced and I believe someone said they would be having another sale for Labor Day weekend.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/17/2014 StylishLady said:

Sorry. I'm in a playful mood and couldn't resist.

Hope Diana wins an Emmy tonight....please please please
Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 tigriss said:

Tigriss, I am glad that you like the Peach Sake. I may even put a bit on my forehead at night so my bangs stay oil free.

Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 brandiwine said:

ASDM has several peels of varying strengths. I'm 60 and can't believe the difference in my skin in just 5 weeks. I have sensitive skin and use the 25% lactic acid peel once a week. They are very well priced and I believe someone said they would be having another sale for Labor Day weekend.

Hi Brandiwine, I use the ASDM Lactic Glycolic Peel once a week and I've had good luck. I was lazy yesterday and I put one drop of the peel in with the Miracle Lactic Cleanser/Mask, left it on two minutes and washed it off. My skin looked clear and soft. They will have a Labor Day Sale with probably 20% off. Plus remember whatever you buy you accumulate points towards a free product.

Super Contributor

ASDM Peels are on sale on ebay right now. Just type in ASDM and the products will come up. The Glycolic Peel Pads are also on sale and come in 10% and 20%.

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone! I knew I could count on you for great advice.