Trusted Contributor

Re: Recomm. for Drugstore Lipstick - color saturation of lipstick but shine of gloss??

AngelPuppy, since you want to buy from the drugstore do you know if you try something and it doesn't work for you both CVS and Walgreens take makeup returns. Don't know if you have those in your area, but maybe if you don't your drugstore has the same policy. I also forgot in my previous post, but I've tried one color in the L'Oreal Infallible that I really liked and it stayed on well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recomm. for Drugstore Lipstick - color saturation of lipstick but shine of gloss??

On 5/22/2014 kabella said:
On 5/22/2014 griffy said:

I like Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. It's a chubby lip pencil that has good color saturation (at least in the deeper tones I've purchased) but feels like a balm, has some shine and has decent staying power. I'm fair-skinned and cool-toned and like all of the deeper berry and plum tones in this line. I also just bought a shade called "Romantic" which is a pretty peachy-pink-red pop of color for Spring. Hope you find something that works for you!

ITA! For a drugstore Balm, my favorite is "honey dolce" which is a pink peachy neutral with color.

Another one in agreement! My 2 favorites are lovesick which is a bright pink and smitten which is a deep, bright fuchsia.

Honored Contributor

Oh, thanks! These colors and products sound wonderful! I can't wait to go and try to find them! Yes, I knew that CVS would take things back. But I did not know about Walgreen's. That's very good to know!!!! Sometimes a color looks so pretty in the tube and then you get it home and try it --- and it's awful! And also the lighting is so different!

I thank you so much. Lip color is something I am just crazy about. I think it adds so much to your face and really lights you up! Plus, its fine to decide what color, formula, etc. to wear each day!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I apply lip moisturizers in the form of glosses, balms, etc. all day long because my lips are very VERY DRY, and I'm always surprised how long the color of Neutrogena lip crayons lasts on my lips. I bought a set of 3 of them at BJs, but I know they're sold in drugstores as well.