Respected Contributor

Re: Recently ""WENNED"" and Hair is SUPER FRIZZY ~ Any Suggestions?

On 3/27/2015 islandgrrl said:

Catbelly: First of all I LOVE your name. It's perfect. I think it is interesting that you are loving BGT and not 613. I am the exact opposite. I had always thought that these two formulas performed a similar function -- though in my hair they work really differently. And like you I am a long time WEN user but find I am learning all the time. I've recently started adding more leave-in and getting great results.

quadmimi: I love your description of the MIF. I haven't given it any consideration because I so dislike the scent of regular fig. Can you tell me how it compares both in terms of moisture and fragrance? TIA!

For me MIF is awesome moisture...It has the honey in it which I think makes the difference between the BGT and the MIF...The fragrance is nothing like the Core FIG, (which I happen to like)...Some say it has a woodsy earthy scent, I also smell some vanilla..I like it, it is very light scent to me...I am a huge fan of the SHL, but MIF has topped that by a "hair"...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you, quadmimi. Super helpful!
Regular Contributor

On 3/26/2015 QueenB11 said:

One last question, do you all cleanse twice every time? I have been, but still a little unsure of what I'm doing.

I'm backing up a little here, but in answer to your question, I don't think it's necessary to cleanse twice every time. I started out doing that, but my hair is very fine, and I wash it every morning. It doesn't need two cleanses. I've been doing only one cleanse for more than a year now, and my hair is fine. It just depends on how often you wash your hair, and its texture. You have to find what works best for you.

Respected Contributor

613 has protein in it. Your hair may not need as much protein now that you have been using Wen for awhile. I would suggest using a moisturizing core formula like fig or sweet almond mint. The styling creme is also important for protecting your hair and preventing frizz. You may still want to use your 613 occasionally when you need a boost of protein. The seasonals, BGT, and MIF also have added proteins. I use the core formulas most of the time and use the cc's with extra protein once or twice a week. I rarely use 613 anymore.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 islandgrrl said: Thank you, quadmimi. Super helpful!

Smile

Regular Contributor

I SO wish that MIF worked for me. For the first time in my 8 years as a WEN only girl, my hair is nothing but a frizzy mess ( for Curly Girls, I have 3A & 3B curls ). I saw "Fig" and assumed that it would work for me because I'm a TT & Fig girl & have been since the beginning. This will be going to my daughter.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/26/2015 sonechko said:
On 3/26/2015 QueenB11 said:
On 3/25/2015 islandgrrl said:
On 3/25/2015 MAmom said:

Ya know, cosmic 1, I ALWAYS used to put the sc on my hair AFTER it was wrung out & I blotted the excess moisture out of it.

For the past week, I have been applying my sc in shower while my hair was still soaking wet as Chaz stressed on his shows. And my hair has been like hay in places ( i have shoulder length, thick/frizzy/curly hair ). I was blaming it on my hairs reaction to the MIF & gave the kit to my daughter. Maybe I should have kept up with MY usual routine.

MAmom: I only seem to have success with the SC after I have lightly towel dried my hair. When I follow the technique suggested by Chaz I don't get 'hay' hair I get the opposite: hair that looks really weighed down. I just can't control the distribution when I apply it to soaking wet hair. But my light towel routine works beautifully.

Thanks so much for your responses. I also used the 613 SC in the shower, only to find my hair worse than without it, which I understand now. When I begin using the SAM / TT, should I still stay clear of the styling cream for a while even if I'm not using the 613 cleanser?

One last question, do you all cleanse twice every time? I have been, but still a little unsure of what I'm doing.

If your styling cream is also 613, maybe stay a way just a little while, given your hair's overload on 613 protein at this moment.

If you have another styling cream, I don't see why not use it after you SAM or TT cleanse.

Also, not trying to push you spend more money on product, but still want to stress out, how much Wen nourishing products, such as Treatment Oils and Re-moist mask helped and balanced my own hair.

If you are not in a position to invest much in those new products right now, you can easily find smaller sizes in both products (oil & re-moist) on ebay at very good deal, and avoid spending too much, until the time Wen will have some specials with good prices for sets or TSV going later on.

I do not cleanse twice ALL the time. I do this most of the times, but using Wen for a while, I sort of more "attuned" to my hair needs, so to speak. I almost can say - I can "feel it".

And if my hair and scalp feel quite clean, and I just want to use CC anyway, because I want to, because I am already in the shower, or because I want my hair to look a little "fresher" for whatever reason - I can do only ONE cleanse only, and it comes out super! I know now, when to cleanse once, and when to cleanse twice.

But, yes two cleanses I do most of the time.

Thanks again ladies. I'm still a bit confused, I'm not sure what all the acronyms are, I get the SAM, TT, BGT, but these others are a total mystery. I wanted to keep a simple hair care regimen, but guess it will take time and $ to figure out what works for me. I hope the SAM and TT that I just ordered will do the trick. I also ordered the "Finishing Touch Collection." I hope to get my hair looking somewhat polished, and dream of having hair like the ladies on QVC, but I'm trying to be realistic. I will be happy just to have the FRIZZIES controlled. If the SAM/TT don't work out, I'll either have to find a trading partner who wants to swap with or pack it in with Wen.

You ladies are a weath of info, which I greatly appreciate, but I'm still quite confused. Like do I use the Styling Cream and Finishing Cream, in addition to the extra pump of CC as leave, and how long will this "protein overload" take to resolve? Lastly, it seems like the SAM should be the first to try, or should I try the TT to resolve my issue?

By the way, I have a lot of fine, highlighted hair, very wavy/frizzy, and althought each strand is fine, I used to have a lot of it until a severe period of hair loss due to autoimmune disease (similar to the shed that happens after having a baby, only it lasted 8 months, so scary and lost a lot of self-confidence along with the strands), which I am recuperating from without any permanent physical change. Anyways, I'm trying to keep my hair in good condition and pray the hair loss thing doesn't recurr, cause it was devestating to say the least, which is why I wanted to give WEN a try.

I'm apologize if I'm not responding to your posts properly, I'm new to this community, and will try to catch on.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Occasional Contributor

On 3/28/2015 MAmom said:

I SO wish that MIF worked for me. For the first time in my 8 years as a WEN only girl, my hair is nothing but a frizzy mess ( for Curly Girls, I have 3A & 3B curls ). I saw "Fig" and assumed that it would work for me because I'm a TT & Fig girl & have been since the beginning. This will be going to my daughter.

I'm new to all of this, just wondering what "3A, 3B curls" are. I have wavy/frizzy hair, and wondering if I may fit into one of those categories, and how to tell?

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the ingredients in 613, but it also ruined my hair with frizz. I never had problem hair. The one which was supposed to be the most moisturizing was totally drying for me; the two that were universal, forget it...the one supposedly for oily hair was the best for me, only I do not have oily hair.

I finally gave up WEN altogether, and I couldn't be happier with what I use now!

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 cosmic1 said:

I don't rub my hair with the towel - I just wrap it and while I am cleaning up the shower and putting stuff away, the towel is absorbing excess water from my hair. Then, when I take the towel off, I put in the styling crème. I don't know an easy way to say that - lightly towel dried makes sense because it kind of is. LOL.

We need our own dictionary. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This is exactly what I do and it works perfectly. I don't rub my hair with a towel, just let it absorb. Applying the products in the shower did not work for me. Funny how different things work for different people. I add either (not both) a CC as a leave in or the styling creme and my frizz is no more. I have thick, coarse, color-treated and frizzy hair. WEN has transformed it. I find the best result so far for frizz is using the SAM as a leave in. Just wonderful.