Honored Contributor

Re: Recent visit to Derm ---- Ho-Hum --- Why did I bother???

@Mindy D  go to a couple other  Drs. and get their option on your questions. Your doctor could have been more helpful. He seemed to almost not want to bother coming up with some suggestions. It is like he gave you no hope .....THAT IS WHY YOU FEEL BAD.  I know going to a new doctor is hard....but, please  think about it ❤️

Respected Contributor

My Derm had an assistant remove the areas where I had Milia....my face was not remotely left red and bleeding. At most, tiny little spots that disappeared in a few hours.

Get another doctor!

Honored Contributor

@PatriciaG 

Glad you got help and it works!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

That's probably true with a lot of spas and some derms and hair salons.  Some peope expect miracles and are not realistic in their expectations.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant 

Glad you got your areas treated.  I have been to several derms in my area.  I don't have any others around me.  I think the one that I go to and have for over 20 years cares about me and wants to treat me in a way that he feels is the best --- even though I am not always happy with what he says!  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

Does this method last?  Also, does it help with the blemishes that comes with rosacea? Thanks. It's pretty expensive, too, isn't it? 

The dilated blood vessels that are vaporized are gone for good. Having said that, new ones do form and it needs to be repeated (in my case) every 10 years or so. It never did return to the original degree of redness though. Just some small areas.

I did not have any blemishes so I cannot speak to that. Just s red face and neck.

Well worth the money. I chose to have them be aggressive so I looked quite bruised until it faded in a week or so. If you do not want to look bruised then you will have to have more sessions to get the job done.

I had mine done at the Medi-spa at my derms. The consulation is free.