Respected Contributor

Re: Recent visit to Derm ---- Ho-Hum --- Why did I bother???

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tsavorite 

Thank you for the info.  This gives me a bit of hope!  When you say you order this lower dose RetinA from this company you mentioned, do you have to have a doctor's prescription for it?  

@AngelPuppy1  You do not need a script to order from alldaychemist....many here on the forum get their retin a from them and that is where I found out about it as it is much cheaper.  I am thinking of trying out Curology in the future as they blend up a combo skin product custom made for you.  They can put in what ever amount (very low dose) retin a then other topicals good for rosacea all in one.  That you do online...and the doctor looks at your photos.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tsavorite 

Thank you for the info.  This gives me a bit of hope!  When you say you order this lower dose RetinA from this company you mentioned, do you have to have a doctor's prescription for it?  

@AngelPuppy1  You do not need a script to order from alldaychemist....many here on the forum get their retin a from them and that is where I found out about it as it is much cheaper.  I am thinking of trying out Curology in the future as they blend up a combo skin product custom made for you.  They can put in what ever amount (very low dose) retin a then other topicals good for rosacea all in one.  That you do online...and the doctor looks at your photos.  

@tsavorite 

Oh, o.k.  Thanks.  I never heard of such a thing. Prescribing that sort of thing without a script.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tsavorite 

Any type of retin a is very irritating to rosacea. Derm said no to any form of it even OTC.

Respected Contributor

What has worked almost miracles for me is laser for my facial rosacea. Pulse dye in my case. Breaks up all those blood vessels and decreases inflammation. I think although it does not directly affect the occular rosacea...the lessening of overall inlamation helps too. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I think you just need to except the fact ,that he told you, many of us have problems with our skin.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld 

I have not used any retinA and will not.  I wish I could! 

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld 

Does this method last?  Also, does it help with the blemishes that comes with rosacea? Thanks. It's pretty expensive, too, isn't it? 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I have to accept it, I have no choice --- my skin, not just my face, but all over my body --- has been a trial my whole life!  One issue after another.  At times it does get the better of me though!!!  I guess it won't stop me from hoping that maybe at some point there will be something new that might help!  

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  - I also used IPL (intense Pulsed Light) for my rosacea.  Really helped me and lasts for years.  Not cheap though but does work. I go to a med spa but I'm sure most derms will have the technology.  In the last 20 years only had to go back once.  Also helps with sun damage. IPL penetrates down to the second layer of your skin without harming the top layer.

Honored Contributor

Maybe derms are burned out of dealing with expectations and reality.  I had a hairdresser who absolutely would not cut more than one inch at a time from long hair.

His reason?  There's no crying here.   He said people would come in and want a lot cut off and then see it and cry (and no, he won lots of national awards and was an artist).  He said it is traumatic when you cut a lot of hair off.

So maybe derms are stressed with dealing with people's unrealistic expectations about skin.

Just a thought.