Super Contributor

Recent Laura Geller TSV...cheap compact, packaging. Disappointed in some things.

I received my Laura Geller TSV...the Italian Garden.  The box broke after the 3rd time of opening it.  The eyeshadow compact is made of a very flimsy, cheap plastic.  The lid of the foundation is also made of a very cheap plastic.

As for the products, the foundation made my skin look oily.  The foundation is also too small, in my opinion.  It didn't "swirl" the foundation around.  The brush just kind of soaked it in; it took several attempts to blend the foundation with the brush.  The eyeshadows are beautiful, but that compact is so cheaply made that I'll have to be REALLY careful with it.  It feels like it would break at the slightest bang.  The colors do seem to have good staying power, but except for the forest green one, I have very similar colors in other eyeshadows.  The mascara went on well, but I've only had that on for a bit today...don't know if it wears well...flakes, stays, smudges, etc.  The lipcolor is beautiful and feels very creamy going on the lips.  I haven't tried the gel eyeliner or the eyeshadow brush.

So...NO to the foundation and foundation brush.

YES to the lipstick.

MAYBE to the eyeshadow compact and mascara.

DON'T KNOW to the eyeliner and eyeshadow brush.

I will try the liner and other brush, but I'm not sure if this will be a keeper for me.

What are your thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Recent Laura Geller TSV...cheap compact, packaging. Disappointed in some things.

This is my first LGeller purchase.  I wanted to try her foundation and chose the medium which I can wear in other brands.  It looked orange to me when I opened the box but I thought that might be the container so I put just a tiny bit on my arm, just using my finger, not the brush.

Omg, it is orange!  I have light beige skin with pink undertones, it's terrible on me.  Can it be returned once a tiny bit is used?  I don't know what to do.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: Recent Laura Geller TSV...cheap compact, packaging. Disappointed in some things.

@NoelSeven wrote:

This is my first LGeller purchase.  I wanted to try her foundation and chose the medium which I can wear in other brands.  It looked orange to me when I opened the box but I thought that might be the container so I put just a tiny bit on my arm, just using my finger, not the brush.

Omg, it is orange!  I have light beige skin with pink undertones, it's terrible on me.  Can it be returned once a tiny bit is used?  I don't know what to do.

yes-you can return it-you have 30 days to try it as often as you need......

I got mine today-will be trying it all out tomorrow.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Valued Contributor

Yes, you can return anything as long as it's within 30 days of receiving.  I wouldn't keep it.

Honored Contributor

I have always said, her products look lovely in the pkg, but the quality is just not there in performance or packaging.

Honored Contributor

Thank you sue and Catlover!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Honestly for the price and how many things you get, I wouldn't have expected the packaging to be too high end. I know some of her past tsvs seemed like they had some really pretty packaging but I think those days are probably long gone. The cost of everything has gone up so much these days!

Honored Contributor

I tried a few times to like Laura Geller products.  Blush powder was everywhere & returned; lipstick beautiful shade but it cracked in half; foundation (liquid) turned orange on my skin.  Never again.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I ended up ordering the TSV mainly because it all looked so pretty on Joy.  The box is junk, that's for sure.  The little latch on mine was only half attached.  The bottom half of the latch and the little screws were laying in the bubblewrap.  The brush isn't that great, but it worked OK.  I did need a tiny bit more than two pumps of foundation to cover my face.  The color looks great, and like how the sheerness of it gives a even but natural look.  The finish is a little dewy for my preference so I set it with a little dusting of Baked Elements and liked the results very much.  I like the eyeshadow colors.  They work well together but IMO they are a little too frosty for women of a cetain age (me).  A light application seems like it would be best in that situation.  I was able to matte them down a little with an eyeshadow setting powder.  I've used GlamLash before and it was alright so I didn't need to open the new one.  I didn't use the eyeliner either, but will probably try that over the weekend.  I really like the lipstick color on me and wouldn't mind finding an extra.   

Trusted Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

NoelSeven you can use it all up and return it empty as long as you return within te 30 days.