Super Contributor

Re: Recent Josie Maran TSV Review

I've been using Joyce GiraudPure4 Oil for face and body as well as Serious Skincare Olive Oil, one for the face and one for the body.  Gotta say, they are both far superior to the argan oil which just sits on my skin leaving me greasy.  These two oils have been amazing on my summer skin, even getting rid of the bumps on the back on my arms.  I have two tubs of Josie's body butter as well and it's just too greasy after using these other oils that sink into my skin.  Joyce's oils are made for face and body as well.  

Regular Contributor

i use several of josies products and always have her argan oil and body butter on hand. I was pleasantly surprised that i love every item in the  kit! i found the best way to use the beauty butter is just as she said during the presentation-apply after milk and oil. i combine both products and apply, then give my skin a light mist with a toner immediately before applying beauty butter. warmed up between fingers and patted on, i finish blending w my beauty blender -very lightly. Love the results! love the wear and how it feels. i really suggest playing with it alittle bit before sending back- you may end up loving it too!

Trusted Contributor

@gfpdem I agree to play around with it.  It is pretty thick and heavy on its own.  With oil and a tiny amount, it gives me sheer coverage.  The first time I applied (on its own) it was too much

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'll have to try the oil... i really like it-just hate the jar! i useca scoop and use very little. should last alooong time...

Occasional Contributor

I was curious to see what others thought of the tinted face butter.  I got Josie's body butter TSV a couple months back and really liked them.  They are super moisturizing and last on  my skin for a long time.  I was hoping the tinted face butter would be similar.  But as others have noted, it is thick and tacky.  Without using the milk and/or argon oil, it settled into my pores.  If I use the milk and argon oil before the face butter, the finish was rather nice.  But still hard to blend.  I use tarte foundation and brush to quickly buff on my foundation and was hoping that the tinted face butter would be just as easy to apply.  It wasn't.  I had to adjust my morning routine by using the milk and argon oil in order to get the  finish I wanted, and I had to use my fingers to pat the face butter which wasn't as nice of an experience versus just buffing with a brush.  I love milk and argon oil but I bought the kit really to try the face butter so I am sending it back.  Another criticism of the face butter was that even applying more than once, I did not get a full coverage finish. Oh well.

Respected Contributor

Thank again ladies for your responses. I have continued to use the face tint but I need a good layer of moisturizer with it. I don't think it would ever give me full coverage, but for a nice evened out finish on errand days, it works well. And I don't feel like I am wearing foundation or thick goop on a hot day. And it's still summer weather despite all the fall fashions and decor, lol.