Respected Contributor

Recent Josie Maran TSV Review

I have sensitive, combination normal/dry skin. I received the recent TSV a few days ago. I ordered it because I wanted to try the argan milk and the face tint without breaking the bank. Although I think her argan oil is way overpriced, I think these two products work well and are a good value. I love how soft my skin feels after using the milk. It's not oily and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft. The face butter I use with a moisturizer first as it's not quite as blendable as I hoped it would be, going by its name. I think it might be perfect by itself for those with a bit more natural oil in their face. I do like the light coverage for everyday wear and it's great on the décolleté. Haven't tried the mascara yet because I need to use up another tube. The argan oil itself is great; it was a bonus for me to come with the two items I wanted to try. I hope this helps someone and apologize if I should have posted elsewhere specific to this brand--I looked and couldn't find it.

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recent Josie Maran TSV Review

@SunValley, nice review.  I use several of Josie Maran's products and Milk is definitely a standout in the line for me.  I was interested in the tinted Beauty Butter, but have enough light textured face coloring products at the monent.  My experience with the mascara is that it seems to condition the lashes, but clumps and flakes (on me).  Glad you like the products so far and will look forward to your review of the Beauty Butter after you try it. 

Trusted Contributor

I found the  face butter hard to blend at first and  then I read  more about it and  have since patted it on my face after warming it with my fingers. To me it  doesn't blend as easy as I was expecting.   I also use  argan oil first so my skin is moistened ( not neccessarily Josie's). Agree, the milk is good too to apply before the face butter. I also don't think my skin skin feels smooth when I use it. and I have some blush that doesn't seem to glide on as easy when I use this face butter. I don't  dislike it, but doubt I would reorder this again. There are other face tints that I prefer and other  of Josie's products I am willing to spend my money on. I am glad she is trying new things and being creative. Also I don't use her masacara so have given that away..

Respected Contributor

@Peg wrote:

I found the  face butter hard to blend at first and  then I read  more about it and  have since patted it on my face after warming it with my fingers. To me it  doesn't blend as easy as I was expecting.   I also use  argan oil first so my skin is moistened ( not neccessarily Josie's). Agree, the milk is good too to apply before the face butter. I also don't think my skin skin feels smooth when I use it. and I have some blush that doesn't seem to glide on as easy when I use this face butter. I don't  dislike it, but doubt I would reorder this again. There'd are other face tints that I prefer and other  of Josie's products I am willing to spend my money on. I am glad she is trying new things and being creative. Also I don't use her masacara so have given that away..

@violet runner Thanks for your feedback. If I warm up the face butter and pat it on my face and then blend I get better results too. My powder blush goes over it just fine, but cream blush may be a different story. I tried a Rimmel face luminescent tint (under $7 at Walmart) and actually like it very much at one-fifth the price. But do like the feel of Josie's product, and it's perfect for a nice finish on the décolleté. Hands down, the milk is my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

I got his set and really like it!  The price is really good considering I'm using all four products.  The foundation was very heavy to Mel the first time I tried it on dry skin, but when I thin it out with the oil, it becomes more blendable and sheer.  And then it all abosorbs into a beautiful finish.  I'm going to use it as my primary foundation for a couple of weeks to make sure that it is working for me, because if it does, I'm thrilled to have this set on auto delievery.  I'm not too picky with my mascaras, just like a fresh one every couple of months so I will use this when I'm ready to toss the one I'm presently using.

Respected Contributor

Don't like!

I got it mainly to try the argan milk.  After trying it several times it's a no for me.  My face stays tacky and sticky no matter what I do, no matter how little I use.  I NEVER sinks in. I can't stand going to bed and laying on a pillow case with a tacky face.

The "foundation" stuff is a huge no for me.  OMG it's so awful on my skin. It never looked even, it looked almost "speckled".  And when I went out in public and then looked in a mirror I just about died it looked so horrible.

Back it goes!

Respected Contributor

For those who likes the JM Milk there is a Today only that includes a cover stick and a lip tint/gloss for today, 8/26.  I wanted to try the Milk and did not order the TSV as have enough varieties of foundations. Price for the TO is $59.00 for the three products.

Super Contributor

I also ordered the TSV. I use argan oil and have used a bottle of the milk in the past with no issues. The new foundation face butter is very hard to blend. It's just not worth the effort! I will keep the set because I enjoy the milk and oil but the foundation is a big Miss for me! I don't wear black mascara so I have no input on that. 

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Don't like!

I got it mainly to try the argan milk.  After trying it several times it's a no for me.  My face stays tacky and sticky no matter what I do, no matter how little I use.  I NEVER sinks in. I can't stand going to bed and laying on a pillow case with a tacky face.

The "foundation" stuff is a huge no for me.  OMG it's so awful on my skin. It never looked even, it looked almost "speckled".  And when I went out in public and then looked in a mirror I just about died it looked so horrible.

Back it goes!

It's amazing how the same product reacts on our skin. I love the milk and would get it again. The face tint I had to work with a bit, but it's ok if I warm it up in my palm/fingers before applying. I warm it up, pat in onto my skin and blend with fingers. Using a brush was not successful. I appreciate your feedback--hopefully our experiences will be helpful to others.

Trusted Contributor

Sadley, I found the tinted Body Butter to be sticky. It left a sticky residue on my skin and felt tacky all day.Smiley Sad

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning