Honored Contributor

Re: Received the Lancome Contour and Highlight stick

On 1/14/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 1/14/2015 Chi-town girl said: Hmmm...The product demos looked good, but I decided to wait to purchase until after reviews. I think a cream based contour is fine for evening events, but it's not as forgiving or long lasting as powdered contour. Taking a pass on this product-thx for posting reviews.
Lancôme makes a powdered contour set I got from HSN and it includes the blush. I bought three of them and when I purchased them they included a dual contour brush. Very superior product. Best I've used yet. Way better than the sticks.
Thx Bling-I just added the Lancome contour power to my fav list to monitor pricing. HSN always has specials for Lancome TS days. I think the Skinn contour kit is ok, but being cream based not as easy to apply as a powder, plus the highlight is hard to keep clean/gets contaminated with the darker tone. I like the Skinn Candlelight powder-excellent product & there is a highlight powder in the large Skinn makeup pallet from the recent TTV that included the makeup case. It's a nice makeup pallet!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 1/14/2015 Chi-town girl said: Hmmm...The product demos looked good, but I decided to wait to purchase until after reviews. I think a cream based contour is fine for evening events, but it's not as forgiving or long lasting as powdered contour. Taking a pass on this product-thx for posting reviews.
Lancôme makes a powdered contour set I got from HSN and it includes the blush. I bought three of them and when I purchased them they included a dual contour brush. Very superior product. Best I've used yet. Way better than the sticks.
Thx Bling-I just added the Lancome contour power to my fav list to monitor pricing. HSN always has specials for Lancome TS days. I think the Skinn contour kit is ok, but being cream based not as easy to apply as a powder, plus the highlight is hard to keep clean/gets contaminated with the darker tone. I like the Skinn Candlelight powder-excellent product & there is a highlight powder in the large Skinn makeup pallet from the Hi there Chi-town. I agree with you about Skinn's contour. I also find it hard to apply no matter what brush I use. I have his candlelight powder also but haven't used it all that much. You're right, it is hard to keep the white part of Skinn's white. One thing I haven't tried is using your finger to apply his contour. I'll have to try that over the weekend and see if that works.
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Chi-town girl said:
Thx Bling-I just added the Lancome contour power to my fav list to monitor pricing. HSN always has specials for Lancome TS days. I think the Skinn contour kit is ok, but being cream based not as easy to apply as a powder, plus the highlight is hard to keep clean/gets contaminated with the darker tone. I like the Skinn Candlelight powder-excellent product & there is a highlight powder in the large Skinn makeup pallet from the Hi there Chi-town. I agree with you about Skinn's contour. I also find it hard to apply no matter what brush I use. I have his candlelight powder also but haven't used it all that much. You're right, it is hard to keep the white part of Skinn's white. One thing I haven't tried is using your finger to apply his contour. I'll have to try that over the weekend and see if that works.
The spongy applicator was not useful, better to use fingers or as someone recommended-the angled short bristle brush. I will use the Skinn contour for evening-the dark tone is very intense, not sure if I will reorder. Powder is my preference.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I just received the Buff shade and it is too dark for me. I may try the Ivory. The buff looks like dirt on me. The highlighter did not seem sparkly, but not sure I liked it. I am really in the wrong shade......Will return it and may try again later.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I just received this and tried it this morning for the first time and I LOVE it. I got the BUFF and there is absolutely no sparkle for me, at all. I really enjoyed using it and it looks so natural and pretty, and Robert was correct, it is really fast!!!!

Valued Contributor

i'll have to check this out for travel but i'm addicted to my anastasia contour palette. i'm on my second one. that's a lot of contouring. lol

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

I'll use mine today and get back to you...I purchased the buff and I'm fair. Haven't opened yet and it arrived yesterday.

Super Contributor

I'll use mine today and get back to you...I purchased the buff and I'm fair. Haven't opened yet and it arrived yesterday.

Valued Contributor

I finally used mine today in Ivoire and really like it. The highlight is a soft sheen and the contour does look like a shadow, not orange or muddy. I did apply it lightly since I am fair and usually can't contour but I am happy with this purchase.

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Pamula said:

Well I tried it and I'm sure buff is the correct color as compared to what was shown during the presentations. I keep my house cold and when I went to try it the highlighter side broke right off and fell on the floor. Yuck! The texture is spongy and for the price there is very little product especially when it breaks off! I knew this could be a problem so I was very careful. The highlighter is very sparkly and lays on the surface and accentuates lines. The darker contour color goes on well but I couldn't really see it on the sides of the face. The worse part was when I used it for chin and jowl lines. It looks dirty and actually highlights the sagginess. I'm returning this product for sure. I have only returned one other beauty product which was Joan River's hand cream ( which was years ago because of the smell).