Honored Contributor

Re: Received the Artis Makeup Brushes

@mimi5775 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@nomless wrote:

Question about the Mirror finish set that Q is offering: I watched a video review in which it was pointed out that there's some give where the handle meets the brush head.  How sturdy do you think the brushes will be over time?  Do you think there's a risk that the brush head might break off after months of use?  I'm wondering if the brush style sold by NM is sturdier (it has a black handle, not the silver handle).   I recognize these are new, so only time will tell for sure, but still I'm interested in your opinion.  TIA.

@BlingQueen022, can you answer my question?   TIA.

Not sure if Blingqueen saw my post...and I saw you were asking about the difference between the 2 type handles too?.

I am STILL trying to figure out how you alerted people here with a link and their username - pls tell me if you would-  how to do that so we can be notified if we have a question for people, ty!

I just bought one from NM the black and silver handled type in number 8 and hope it's as good as the 'Mirror line' the Artis line carries I see it costs more on their site!

Oh well it goes back if no-like or cheap! I'm on a waitlist the 17th...not bad.

@Just put an @ before the nic. When you put an @, you will even get suggestions for the nic you're trying to alert. 

So I'll alert you now: @mimi5775

See? Easy-peasy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

For all Friends genuinely interested in Artis Brushes:

My Artis Oval 8 Arrived in a gorgeous black velvet box with magnetic closure.  The box is a class act, luxury most manufacturers forgo. The NM Artis Oval 8 has a chrome handle with texturized dense black material covering the mid 2/3 of the handle.  The brush head and neck are one piece and cannot possibly present weak points !  

The thousands of hairs are so densely packed the brush head feels like velvet as you apply your makeup.  My powder was applied so evenly I had to remove the first swipe and begin again. Approaching this routine process as I would with my Lancome or IT or Mally models  I had way too much makeup on the brush, a theatrical amount of powder on my face.    With a delicate dip into a small amount of powder in the cap, like Leslie Blodget taught for the years we were fortunate to have her , without the swirl,  the powder went on like a whif of air, smoothly, evenly .  

There is no way, unless you plow into your face with the hard edge of the brush, that you will disturb anything previously applied .   The back of the plastic sleeve the box comes in indicates that the Oval 8 is intended tor use over the entire face, for foundation AND  setting powder, for blending and bronzing and highlighting powder application to the entire areas of the face. 

There is nothing complaint-worthy about the Artis brushes.  The media's praise is not empty "hype" this time.  

Thanks to all for the accurate information about these fabulous brushes. Thanks for the recommendation.  These brushes are priceless.  NM and QVC have made them available and affordable.  

Respected Contributor

For your review, CoG.  My set from Q hasn't shipped yet.

Has anyone ordered directly from Artis?  I want the chrome handle #8, but am not sure I want to give Artis my cc number.  Maybe Amazon will be get new stock soon.

Super Contributor

I don't think we can order directly from Artis. I tried but kept getting re-directed. Maybe you have to be a MA?

Respected Contributor

Scottygal, on the Artis site artisbrushcom,  I was able to put an item n my cart ande enter ship to info.  I got to where I needed to enter a cc # and then changed my mind and emptied my cart.  It looked like it was going to work, though.

Trusted Contributor

Oooooh!  Congrats, Queen, they look fab!!  I want!

Regular Contributor

I ordered the set from QVC as well as two other brushes directly from the Artis website. Their website shipped very quickly, and it was very easy to order. I ordered the Oval 8 and Circle 1R from Artis. 

These brushes are the best I have ever used. I have a drawer full of expensive high end brushes but these are FAR superior. Cleaning is a breeze! They are sturdy, stylish, but most importantly, high-performance brushes. Makeup goeson effortlessly, evenly, and with little work using less product.

Well worth their high price tag!

Super Contributor

nomless,

Thanx for the info. I'll try again. I put the #8 in my cart but every time I tried to pay I was redirected. Lusting after that brush but maybe I should wait for my set from the Q to arrive....oh, I'm in trouble....Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

Tried yet again, but every time I hit "checkout" a black box pops up and covers the check-out option! Egads! Maybe #8 is sold out.

Honored Contributor

I checked out both styles of these brushes, and I think one advantage to the mirror elite that QVC sells as opposed to the NM style is that the former has a good rubber grip on the handle. The brush heads seem to be exactly the same.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland