Esteemed Contributor

Re: Received the Artis Makeup Brushes

@Helen47 wrote:

i thought the set included one for foundation. They showed three brushes on the presentation I saw. This set was expensive. How much is the extra brush you ordered, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

Hi Helen.  It was expensive.  With tax and shipping it was 72 dollars!!! If these brushes don't deliver, back they go, lol.  

Valued Contributor

Ah, but really great brushes that I wouldn't have to replace every 4-5 years just might be worth it!  If they were the best performing brushes ever!

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Are these the one with the more spongey type applicators? If so, I just watched a beauty show with those presented and thought they looked interesting although a bit clumsy/awkward to use perhaps in certain areas.

It would be nice to actually hear how well they work or don't work, especially for eyeshadows.

Hi happyDaze. These brushes have man made very dense hair.  They don't feel spongy.  They have silver on the back of the brush with white handles.  The brushes are so dense with hair it feels like a very soft sort of carpet.  All the reviews I read online were all good.   Didn't see a negative response in the bunch. Once I get the other brush I ordered, I'll post a review after I use them.  

Okay thanks! So these are the ones where they did the demo of foundation on regular brushes, more dense brushes and these on the black paper? Or is that a different one? If they are, I guess the presentation wasn't very good because for some reason I didn't think they actually had hair but more spongey stuff. Or am I getting confused with a different brand?

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Are these the one with the more spongey type applicators? If so, I just watched a beauty show with those presented and thought they looked interesting although a bit clumsy/awkward to use perhaps in certain areas.

It would be nice to actually hear how well they work or don't work, especially for eyeshadows.

Hi happyDaze. These brushes have man made very dense hair.  They don't feel spongy.  They have silver on the back of the brush with white handles.  The brushes are so dense with hair it feels like a very soft sort of carpet.  All the reviews I read online were all good.   Didn't see a negative response in the bunch. Once I get the other brush I ordered, I'll post a review after I use them.  

Okay thanks! So these are the ones where they did the demo of foundation on regular brushes, more dense brushes and these on the black paper? Or is that a different one? If they are, I guess the presentation wasn't very good because for some reason I didn't think they actually had hair but more spongey stuff. Or am I getting confused with a different brand?

It's the one where the guy used the black paper.  He also demonstrated on how to use the cleaning pad that comes with the set. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Question about the Mirror finish set that Q is offering: I watched a video review in which it was pointed out that there's some give where the handle meets the brush head.  How sturdy do you think the brushes will be over time?  Do you think there's a risk that the brush head might break off after months of use?  I'm wondering if the brush style sold by NM is sturdier (it has a black handle, not the silver handle).   I recognize these are new, so only time will tell for sure, but still I'm interested in your opinion.  TIA.

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Question about the Mirror finish set that Q is offering: I watched a video review in which it was pointed out that there's some give where the handle meets the brush head.  How sturdy do you think the brushes will be over time?  Do you think there's a risk that the brush head might break off after months of use?  I'm wondering if the brush style sold by NM is sturdier (it has a black handle, not the silver handle).   I recognize these are new, so only time will tell for sure, but still I'm interested in your opinion.  TIA.

@BlingQueen022, can you answer my question?   TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@nomless wrote:

Hi Nomless.  I've never seen the black handled brushes in person so I don't know if they're sturdier or not.  I put my forefinger on top of the brush neck when I'm holding the handle when I apply my foundation.  You don't have to press rel hard when you're sweeping the brush on your face.  I do the same thing when I'm using the cleaning pad.  I think if you do this, the brushes will last a very long time.  

Trusted Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@nomless wrote:

Not sure if Blingqueen saw my post...and I saw you were asking about the difference between the 2 type handles too?.

I am STILL trying to figure out how you alerted people here with a link and their username - pls tell me if you would-  how to do that so we can be notified if we have a question for people, ty!

I just bought one from NM the black and silver handled type in number 8 and hope it's as good as the 'Mirror line' the Artis line carries I see it costs more on their site!

Oh well it goes back if no-like or cheap! I'm on a waitlist the 17th...not bad.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@nomless wrote:

Not sure if Blingqueen saw my post...and I saw you were asking about the difference between the 2 type handles too?.

I am STILL trying to figure out how you alerted people here with a link and their username - pls tell me if you would-  how to do that so we can be notified if we have a question for people, ty!

I just bought one from NM the black and silver handled type in number 8 and hope it's as good as the 'Mirror line' the Artis line carries I see it costs more on their site!

Oh well it goes back if no-like or cheap! I'm on a waitlist the 17th...not bad.

Hi there Mar:  I think I answered all your questions, but if I missed one I'm very sorry.  I'm usually pretty good at catching them.  Anyway, congrats on the purchase of the number 8 brush.  I'm sure it's the same as the white ones.  I don't see why it would be different.  Maybe they just made them in two colors.  They both sure look like the same brush heads to me. 

By the way, I cleaned mine using the pad the kit came with and it worked fine.  I made it a point to clean the brush head using the IT Cosmetic Spray Brush Cleaner and that worked fine on them also.  So if you don't have that cleaning pad you can clean them with the spray cleaner from IT cosmetics.  I haven't tried the brush egg yet to clean them, but I will this weekend.  Will post over the weekend how that went. 

Please post a review after you receive yours and use it.  I'm curious to read your take on these.  Have a great one today. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775, to notify someone of a response or question, put an @ symbol before the name.  I'm fairly sure that the brush is the same on both handle versions.  I hope you enjoy yours.  Let us know what you think after you get it.

Blingqueen, I'm happy to know you think the silver set is sturdy.  I ordered Q's set because the price is good and it comes with the cleaner.  At some point, I'll add the #8, too, but for now, I'm ok with using #6 for both foundation and blush, especially because the cleaning pad works so well and easily.  

I also want to add circle #1R to the set.  A utube reviewer raved about that one for applying shadow in the crease and blending.  

I'm not sure how often I'll use the linear brush.  I'll have to play with it and see what  I want to use it for.  

Thanks for all your feedback about these new brushes.  They appear to be game changers in the brish world.