Respected Contributor

Re: Received the Artis Makeup Brushes

[ Edited ]

@scottygal wrote:

Tried yet again, but every time I hit "checkout" a black box pops up and covers the check-out option! Egads! Maybe #8 is sold out.

That's weird, Scotty.  I can still checkout.   The checkout page is a Squarespace page.   Maybe your system is blocking it for some reason?

Super Contributor

Maybe... not giving up yet!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@nomless wrote:

Question about the Mirror finish set that Q is offering: I watched a video review in which it was pointed out that there's some give where the handle meets the brush head.  How sturdy do you think the brushes will be over time?  Do you think there's a risk that the brush head might break off after months of use?  I'm wondering if the brush style sold by NM is sturdier (it has a black handle, not the silver handle).   I recognize these are new, so only time will tell for sure, but still I'm interested in your opinion.  TIA.

@BlingQueen022, can you answer my question?   TIA.

Not sure if Blingqueen saw my post...and I saw you were asking about the difference between the 2 type handles too?.

I am STILL trying to figure out how you alerted people here with a link and their username - pls tell me if you would-  how to do that so we can be notified if we have a question for people, ty!

I just bought one from NM the black and silver handled type in number 8 and hope it's as good as the 'Mirror line' the Artis line carries I see it costs more on their site!

Oh well it goes back if no-like or cheap! I'm on a waitlist the 17th...not bad.

@Just put an @ before the nic. When you put an @, you will even get suggestions for the nic you're trying to alert. 

So I'll alert you now: @mimi5775

See? Easy-peasy.

@suzyQ3 TY so much yes ez peezy!! lolol

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

@CoG wrote:

For all Friends genuinely interested in Artis Brushes:

My Artis Oval 8 Arrived in a gorgeous black velvet box with magnetic closure.  The box is a class act, luxury most manufacturers forgo. The NM Artis Oval 8 has a chrome handle with texturized dense black material covering the mid 2/3 of the handle.  The brush head and neck are one piece and cannot possibly present weak points !  

The thousands of hairs are so densely packed the brush head feels like velvet as you apply your makeup.  My powder was applied so evenly I had to remove the first swipe and begin again. Approaching this routine process as I would with my Lancome or IT or Mally models  I had way too much makeup on the brush, a theatrical amount of powder on my face.    With a delicate dip into a small amount of powder in the cap, like Leslie Blodget taught for the years we were fortunate to have her , without the swirl,  the powder went on like a whif of air, smoothly, evenly .  

There is no way, unless you plow into your face with the hard edge of the brush, that you will disturb anything previously applied .   The back of the plastic sleeve the box comes in indicates that the Oval 8 is intended tor use over the entire face, for foundation AND  setting powder, for blending and bronzing and highlighting powder application to the entire areas of the face. 

There is nothing complaint-worthy about the Artis brushes.  The media's praise is not empty "hype" this time.  

Thanks to all for the accurate information about these fabulous brushes. Thanks for the recommendation.  These brushes are priceless.  NM and QVC have made them available and affordable.  

Well written review and glad I'm I got the black/chrome handled one as well....thye just sent it out today I just saw!! wow!

It sounds good to me. I have a Trish Evoy brush nearly the same price....well I own many of hers so add it up and $$. So this is my treat and it's not that $$. I find as I'm older I need more then fingers to apply liquid foundation...my fave and sometimes a loose mineral or other fdn. powder. I never liked sponges. @CoG..TY for the informative post Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@nomless wrote:

Question about the Mirror finish set that Q is offering: I watched a video review in which it was pointed out that there's some give where the handle meets the brush head.  How sturdy do you think the brushes will be over time?  Do you think there's a risk that the brush head might break off after months of use?  I'm wondering if the brush style sold by NM is sturdier (it has a black handle, not the silver handle).   I recognize these are new, so only time will tell for sure, but still I'm interested in your opinion.  TIA.

@BlingQueen022, can you answer my question?   TIA.

Not sure if Blingqueen saw my post...and I saw you were asking about the difference between the 2 type handles too?.

I am STILL trying to figure out how you alerted people here with a link and their username - pls tell me if you would-  how to do that so we can be notified if we have a question for people, ty!

I just bought one from NM the black and silver handled type in number 8 and hope it's as good as the 'Mirror line' the Artis line carries I see it costs more on their site!

Oh well it goes back if no-like or cheap! I'm on a waitlist the 17th...not bad.

Hi there Mar:  I think I answered all your questions, but if I missed one I'm very sorry.  I'm usually pretty good at catching them.  Anyway, congrats on the purchase of the number 8 brush.  I'm sure it's the same as the white ones.  I don't see why it would be different.  Maybe they just made them in two colors.  They both sure look like the same brush heads to me. 

By the way, I cleaned mine using the pad the kit came with and it worked fine.  I made it a point to clean the brush head using the IT Cosmetic Spray Brush Cleaner and that worked fine on them also.  So if you don't have that cleaning pad you can clean them with the spray cleaner from IT cosmetics.  I haven't tried the brush egg yet to clean them, but I will this weekend.  Will post over the weekend how that went. 

Please post a review after you receive yours and use it.  I'm curious to read your take on these.  Have a great one today. 

Yes, got it and and it has shipped already! I do not have the It brand cleanser but own many gentle types....what is this egg cleaning thing @BlingQueen022?? lol....sounds neat! I dont think my brush will come with that pad. So I will just use a microfiber cloth and try that gently. I may not even use it but a few times until I order the pad and all. I am not busy right now TG.

Ty for replying...I now know how to notify someone whohoo lol. Will update on this #8 Artis brush

(it's actually called Artis Fluenta Oval 8 Brush) it's on their website BUT as you know NM sells it so it seems not that unique to NM if on their site? TTYS Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

hi there Mar.  The brush egg is fabulous! It's a half egg hollow silicon shaped egg that you stick a finger in and apply a little liquid dawn dish soap to and you scrub your makeup brushes with it.  Best invention ever.  Takes seconds to clean your brushes.  I bought mine on Amazon for like six bucks.  I actually enjoy cleaning brushes with this.  It's a great invention.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a YES and NO for me. The foundation brush (oval 6) is amazing, it does apply all the various formulas I have much better than a traditional brush.

I have very little use for the 2 smaller brushes, they don't seem to make the application of blush or concealer any easier. 

Buying only the oval 6 would have been less expensive and I am undecided if I go through the trouble and return the set and purchase a single oval 6 only.